guineapiggie101

adequate wind tunnel time

I have to go back to the local wind tunnel to work on turns (starting and stopping them). Last time I worked in the tunnel, I had to work on my arch and leg positioning.

How much time do you guys think would be adequate to schedule for? I forgot to ask that when I did my jump yesterday. I talked to the tunnel people yesterday evening and they said 5 minutes should be enough.

The last time I did wind tunnel, I did 15 minutes. But, at that time, I had WAY more issues than I do now.

I GET to go back to the local wind tunnel...

I fixed it for you. ;) As an addict, I say the more time the better. You instructors may disagree. I recommend people to start with 10 minutes and increase time as they build stamina. No sense in pushing too fast as I see people getting sloppy and the learning stops.

The tunnel is the best tool I have ever experienced and recommend that all of our students and new A licensees (hell everybody) do as much tunnel as you can afford. It is cheaper than jumping (per minute of working time) and even more so when you are able to safely fly with friends.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)