mdrejhon

Skyventure Toronto!

It was supposed to open 2011! They were looking at land for two years now! Rumour has it, it was going to be just north of Toronto!
Skydivers are nothing but a bunch of Narcissistic A$$holes!!
Front risers were made for pulling! Pal
MuFF#5640
D.S. # 2012

I talked to my connections.
I'm confirming they found a site in Mississauga & the size is 16 foot. Carbon copy of Skyventure Montreal, they are the same owners! Construction begins this summer, though bureaucracies may delay construction begin to fall.

I was also the first person to take photos of Skyventure Montreal construction site before Skyventure Montreal posted photos on their site. I'll try to visit the Mississauga site (when it begins) & take photos, unless they beat me to publishing their construction photos on their website! ;)

Does anyone have any idea why their web site is so boring? "Give us your email" and nothing else? Are they afraid to announce the location or something?

Quite possibly (if not even probably) because they can't really be certain of the location until all of the many, many hoops have been jumped through and construction has actually begun. Par for the course with new tunnels in-planning.

Does anyone have any idea why their web site is so boring? "Give us your email" and nothing else? Are they afraid to announce the location or something?

Its probably going be a near-duplicate of the Montreal Skyventure.

...or so what they said during the Skyventure Montreal nuit blanche 31st March.

Hugs & Cheers!
Shc

14 footer - construction planned for spring. Been to the site already, it's not Mississauga, but it's very close to there.;)

I stand corrected.

I incorrectly remembered Skyventure Montreal was 16 foot. Ooops! You are right, the exact words were "carbon copy" including size, so yes, 14 foot.

I've been surfing the Net, and accidentally found the location of Skyventure Toronto, in a sort of a landscape blueprint:

http://www.oakville.ca/assets/2011%20planning/sp-140106401-landscape.pdf

The address in this sheet seems to be:

iFly Toronto
2007 Winston Park Drive
Oakville, Ontario

The satellite map for the location is: http://goo.gl/maps/Mrv4k

Note: Do not vouch me 100% on this, because I also did hear that they had to hunt for a new location at one point -- leading to a delay. But it's nice to see that they've went as far as landscape planning and contacting Oakville city planning.

So... Any further news about this? Looking forward to bringing all my whufo friends to fly.

Till the parts show up on site and ground is broken, it's nothing but a wish list

I've been to Skyventure Montreal and they seemed pretty re-assurant that Skyventure Toronto will happen.

Not sure if its going be in 2013 though.

Cheers!
Shc

So... Any further news about this? Looking forward to bringing all my whufo friends to fly.

Till the parts show up on site and ground is broken, it's nothing but a wish list

I've been to Skyventure Montreal and they seemed pretty re-assurant that Skyventure Toronto will happen.

Not sure if its going be in 2013 though.

Cheers!
Shc

I know the guys at Montreal well, and respect them tremendously. But, It does not alter my statement! ;)
Remster