GoofyJump

Recommend a Coach in Orlando for a relative newb

Hey all,
I'm well on my way to my A license (yes I am a dreaded newb) and have a trip down to Orlando next month. I wanted to get some tunnel time in. Can anyone recommend a stellar coach?

Also if anyone has some time they were looking to split on the 18th please let me know!

My pick would be Kim from Skydive University, Jumps in Deland and has thousands of jumps and loads of tunnel experience great AFF instructor.
You will get a very structered lesson brief and debrief with sdu.
failing that Sally and Martin are great too and will provide similar structured lessons to maximise your time.

[email protected] (kim)
[email protected] (sally)

not sure his name, 99% sure its ADAM. hes AWSOME! super patient, cool, and flexible in his teaching methods, hell really try his best to make sure you learn what your trying to do. and he works at SVO, so hes easy to book. hes coached me in belly and back, was in the tunnel almost the entire time (cept in the end when i just kinda flew around for my own fun) correcting me IMMEDIATELY on what i was doing wrong. learned ALOT super quickly. i just got a really good vibe from him and will try to book him first, the next time im back.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.

Peter Bany is your guy

I saw this thread and was going to post this myself.

He took me from having a handful of horrible AFF dives to nailing and completing AFF after 10 minutes with him.

Peter really sets you up to succeed by starting in areas of your comfort zone and progressing. He pushes you but not in a way that throws you to the wolves.

Hell, he got my girlfriend who has never skydived in a 2 minute intro block doing turns and flying stable.

Ive never used Peter but have talked to a few people who have used him for tunnel coaching and heard nothing but great things and he is up at deland just about every day so you can go talk to him about it before hitting the tunnel. I have used Tom baker on a number of occasions and he was a great tunnel coach as well.

My family and I have flown with Peter Bany in Orlando Sky Venture as well as Chris D. Both do a great job. I did my AFF with Peter and can tell you he was very professional with his tunnel prep work and all my gear checks, and pre jump checks. Very patient and just a great teacher. He also helped me order my rig, jump suit and helmet and was great with whats good and whats just for show.

I agree completely, %100. and if you can't get blocks with Adam, Striker will make you awesome really quick too..

ill admit i was skeptical at first, having not hears of him much before, but from here out he will be my first choice instructor hands down.
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.