flyingmontana

Joe Winters coaching: how to make the most of it?

I'm going to Nashua, NH in July to have 2 sessions in their wind tunnel with Joe Winters coaching. Has anyone worked with him? I'd love some advice about how best to take advantage of this opportunity and learn as much as possible in the short time I will have. I am new to skydiving, will probably have just gotten my license when I go there. My goal is to do freestyle as I have a background in acrobatics. Thanks for any tips you can give me!

I'm going to Nashua, NH in July to have 2 sessions in their wind tunnel with Joe Winters coaching. Has anyone worked with him? I'd love some advice about how best to take advantage of this opportunity and learn as much as possible in the short time I will have. I am new to skydiving, will probably have just gotten my license when I go there. My goal is to do freestyle as I have a background in acrobatics. Thanks for any tips you can give me!

I don't think you will be moving in to freestyle that quickly but you probably will pick it up a lot faster than most with your background. Have fun :) Don't get frustrated.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

As many have already said, listen. But to expand on that, trust that he heard you and your desires as well, even if you think you're going down the wrong path.

Joe has a ninja style that surprises some. You'll think you're working on your leg position, and the next thing you know your turning better with your arms. If something seems repetitive, trust that he's doing it for the right reasons. He is.

Your flying thanks you.

I haven't done any training with Joe, but saw him at the tunnel last night. Seemed like a really nice guy.

My fiancee, who was also flying with us, talked to him at some length and said he was super nice. Not really relevent to the OP's question but I figured I'd add that he's good people too, not just an amazing flyer/coach :D

Joda totally rocks. I've been dying to get the time to get back to SVNH when he's up.

He's extremely patient, made me understand the mechanics of freefly much better than I did before I got there and he was a ton of fun in the tunnel. In the pics and vids from the tunnel I was always smiling and laughing.

Have fun!! I am soooo jealous!!
Always be kinder than you feel.