Emmie

HD drills?

So, I'm at a point where I am pretty comfortable flying head down in the tunnel (yay me:P!) I've been working on taking docks, forward/backward/ up/down/sidesliding movement, etc. and I can do al of that stuff pretty well...I still having trouble with transitions, so at this point, I'm starting off on the net. Are there any drills you can think of that I could be doing between working on all this other stuff to keep life interesting?

Thanks!

If you can't back carve yet, try learning that at belly speeds. It took me awhile to get used to the awkwardness of the posture, and it's also good for resting your muscles when your hd training starts wearing you out. Once you get the back carve, it'll make it easier to learn inward facing carving at hd speeds.

Well I was having a hard time with transitions, particularly the front flip to head down, so what my coach had me do was fly off the net and do a full front flip from head down back into a head down position and I could do it!! Yeah I know weird but that helped me do the sit to head down transition.
So just last week I got my last check for all the transitions, front flips, kartwheels and back flips. I just kinda had to endure the pain of doing them until I got them, it sucks but its worth it now because I can transition anyway I want.