tdog

New vegas tunnel - City said no

They should bring noise meters and a photography crew to Skyventure Montreal.

Skyventure Montreal is constructed only 30 feet away from a movie theater! I am told you can't hear Skyventure Montreal in the movie theater room.

That said, is this a recirculating or a non-recirculating tunnel planned?

Wow what an uneducated, total lack of research that this City Council performed before coming to these conclusions about noise and vibration.

If this is a SkyVenture recirculating tunnel being proposed?

If so.......then they need to visit a new existing facility.
You can stand in the Paraclete XP parking lot and have to pay attention to notice it's operating. And there is no vibration.

The Land Owner should also do a better job providing information, and perhaps bring in SkyVenture for assistance.

Wow what an uneducated, total lack of research that this City Council performed before coming to these conclusions about noise and vibration.

The Land Owner should also do a better job providing information, and perhaps bring in SkyVenture for assistance.

Its not the city counsils job to research every request.
The proposed business owner need to educate them.
Try explaining, to a whuffo, how loud a tunnel would be.

Most of them would think it would sound very loud.
My photos

My Videos

Its not the city counsils job to research every request.
The proposed business owner need to educate them.
Try explaining, to a whuffo, how loud a tunnel would be.

Most of them would think it would sound very loud.

How tough would it be to show a video taken outside of an existing recirc to demonstrate tunnel noise relative to the spoken voice? It shouldn't be too hard to show how the sound drops off considerably as you get further from the tunnel.

How tough would it be to show a video taken outside of an existing recirc to demonstrate tunnel noise relative to the spoken voice? It shouldn't be too hard to show how the sound drops off considerably as you get further from the tunnel.

Yep, that's the approach I would take. And then have a decibel meter right there in the conference room, to show that the noise level with someone talking is louder than the wind tunnel from 50-feet away, or that traffic noise from the sidewalk is louder, or whatever the numbers might be.

I recall from a long time ago a Congressional hearing about radioactivity, in which everyone was alarmed about the danger. Some witness brought in a Geiger counter to the testimony, and when Congressmen started grilling him, he turned it on. It started clicking away, frightening everyone in the room. Was someone contaminated? Had someone smuggled radioactive material into the room? No, none of that. It was simply natural radiation from the granite of which the building was constructed. Perfectly natural, and nothing to worry about. That's the kind of demonstration that is needed to allay their fears.

if I remember correctly, the owner or Paraclete XP chartered a private jet and flew the County Commissioners (or Town Council, I don't remember) to Denver to see & hear the tunnel there and to get the point across that it wasn't going to be a nuisance.
Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

if I remember correctly, the owner or Paraclete XP chartered a private jet and flew the County Commissioners (or Town Council, I don't remember) to Denver to see & hear the tunnel there and to get the point across that it wasn't going to be a nuisance.

Good move. Expensive, but that worked.

Good move. Expensive, but that worked.

"Junkets - they're not just for Congressmen any more." :D