Hjeada

RW Suit in the Tunnel

So, I'm going to the tunnel for the first time this upcoming weekend and I realized I might have a problem...I am going to be flying my bootie suit, but without my rig on the suit is a touch long and the booties will come off my feet. I am considering wearing a climbing harness in the tunnel to have the same cinching affect as my leg straps. Just wondering what other people have done that may have had a similar issue...getting a rig wrap isn't an option at this point due to time constraints...
Dudeist Skydiver #0511

I've seen some people with booties that are too big for them take the excess material at the back of the heel, bunch it up, and secure a rubber band (one you would use for your line stows) around it. You just have to make sure the rubber band is good and tight. I've heard of people wearing harnesses in the tunnel too, just not sure what type of harness.

Have fun, the tunnel rocks! :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

My RW suit is a little long for the tunnel too... it's fine with a rig on, but in the tunnel I just have to pull it up a little. I just grab the fabric at the waist and cinch it up right before I launch onto my belly in the tunnel. If I keep my legs bent, it works ok... the heels of my booties flap around some, but the toes still seem to engage. I'm a new enough flyer that I don't notice a whole lot of difference though.

I've seen one of the tunnel instructors at Perris wearing a simple nylon belt over his FF jumpsuit. I've considered trying a belt or even just some tape in the future.

Also talk to the tunnel. Some tunnels have harnesses specifically for this.

That's what I've heard, I called SVCO and they said they didn't have any harnesses for that...maybe just my weight belt will work if I tighten it up...hmmm.
Dudeist Skydiver #0511

Hey,
I just got back from a weekend in a tunnel, I had bought a new suit and was trying it out for the first time. As with mine its a little long in the legs. I was able to tighten the draw string up enough to hold things in place as well I rolled the material at the heal of the booties up to tighten things up. All in all after the first ten minutes I had all the little things tied up. Had to point my toes more tho!
D.S 174.2

Be careful what you say. Some one might take it the right way.

Also talk to the tunnel. Some tunnels have harnesses specifically for this.

That's what I've heard, I called SVCO and they said they didn't have any harnesses for that...maybe just my weight belt will work if I tighten it up...hmmm.

Posting this in case anyone else has the same questions I did. I used my weight belt (no weight since I don't jump with weight) snugged up around my waist as tight as I could get it and then pulled the excess material of my jumpsuit up. The weight belt held everything perfectly in place and I had no issues with my booties in the tunnel. BTW, the tunnel freakin rocks!!!
Dudeist Skydiver #0511