shah269

Vegas wind tunnels

nope. There's a Flyaway which is called Vegas Indoor Skydiving.

But that's the old style fly on a prop thing right?
It's not one of these modern skyventure types is it?
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

nope. There's a Flyaway which is called Vegas Indoor Skydiving.

But that's the old style fly on a prop thing right?
It's not one of these modern skyventure types is it?

That would be correct. A prop blowing choppy air up.
Flyable, not nearly as smooth as the modern tunnels.

if you can fly in there you can fly anywhere...

for a pair of n00bs...no thanks I think i'll tell them to skip it. shame you would think a place like Vegas would have a good tunnel.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

dude if anything, shame on you if ur not up for taking advice on a question you asked being new to the sport, you dont have to like it but dont diss it, if someone gives u pointers take them for what they are worth and try them out for yourself... there is absolutely no shame in thinking its a FUN tunnel, for both woofos and skydivers... as a tunnel instructor i have flown in quite a few tunnels (including that one and the other flyaway in pigeon forge) and like i said, if you can fly there, you can fly anywhere. that type of tunnel will help you hone your skills because you have to feel the wind in order to remain within the vortex, and as an experienced flyer, we love to hit it up and mess around doing things that you otherwise couldnt do in a open or recirc tunnel, and as a woofo, they dont know any better, if they are flying, guess what, THEY ARE FLYING!!! ive heard many good things from woofos that went to those tunnels... shame you would think a place like Vegas WOULDNT have a good/FUN tunnel... next time check yourself, before criticizing advice or thoughts from other jumpers/ flyers... remember, all i said was "if you can fly there you can fly anywhere..."
Life is all about experiences...
Luck, is when opportunity and preparation meet...

well I've been to one of these "dude in the wind" tunnels in Niagra Falls.
I hate to say it...and i know a lot of you guys like them...but i found them to be a bit unsafe and a bit frustrating.
For one if you "fly" off the sweet spot you really fly off the sweet spot and go crashing into the wall....fun for me not fun for two girls.
Next, that sweet spot is what 2sqft on one of these machines? While in the sky venture type wind tunnels it's quite a bit larger and thus easier to find stability?
Case in point, when i took my friends up to the Montreal wind tunnel both of them were able to find stability and float for at least 35 seconds. But when I was in Niagara Falls of the n00bs i was the only one who could find a semblance of stability.
I don't know, I would hit it again if i were around but to tell friends to go and drop $$ just to come out frustrated and a bit bruised? I don't know.