Vallerina

Please help my sh*tty freeflying

I just got finished with some freeflying in the Colorado tunnel with the very kickass coach Zach. While I'm sitting at the airport watching my embarrassing video, I've noticed several themes and just wondering if anyone else had similar issues.

First, when I'm sitflying, I have a tendency to have my butt lower than my knees. Is this due to size of said butt? It got better as time went along, but I still had a tendency to do that. Many times when trying to push my legs down, I'd get all wobbly, move forward, and just end up corking out. Also, unless I turn at the pace that my great-grandmother moved in her walker, my butt most definitely sinks out. I could feel that it was wrong, but I just couldn't freaking fix it.

Second, how the f*** do you move backwards? Everything coach said made sense, but whenever I would try, I would just end up all over the place. Backwards = bad. The last session or two, I just gave up trying to go backwards for my own sanity's sake.

Last, is there good video of freefly progression in the tunnel?

Thanks, y'all. It's time to watch more video of my flailing!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Do you freefly in the sky?? I think the same concepts in the sky apply to the tunnel as far as moving forward and backwards

As far as body position and stability go, it just takes time to get those things down. I notice from my tunnel videos that Ive sometimes used my butt as a surface for flying when Im docking, Im not using enough legs or back to compensate for my hands being forward.
Dont beat yourself up over it, all its takes is more tunnel time!! MORE, MORE!!;):D

this was posted in another thread...

http://www.ehow.com/video_2362206_the-back-sit-transition-skydiving.html

I'm too busy smokin' in the girls' room for that searching thread crap! ;) Thanks!!!

Do you freefly in the sky?? I think the same concepts in the sky apply to the tunnel as far as moving forward and backwards

Yeah, but it's much easier in the sky when you don't have to worry about staying lifted off of a net!!!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

if your butt is lower than your knees chances are you are not strong enough in your legs and you probally have your arms back behind you like you would in sky making the old school style of sit ;) one way to fix this is to get stronger with your legs and push your feet down more and push your head back which will bring your back back and you will now be in more of a sit position.

If you're moving forward when you push your legs down it could be that you are pushing your hips forward when moving your legs. This would tend to drive you forward.

Flying backwards is difficult! You need to lean forward so that you catch wind on your chest and move legs back slightly at same time. You can also throw your arms forward to speed it up, but be careful as it's very easy to find yourself rocketing backwards across the tunnel, out of control.

Might be better to focus on body position and SF stability before attempting to fly backwards.

Graham