shah269

Sky Venture NJ?

Those are questionable if they will ever be built. The whole mall project at the Meadowlands has fallen way behind schedule. It was to open back in 2007 and now they are projecting the first parts of it will be open in 2010 but even that is still undecided due to the economy. I know the ski slope is built but since the build time for a tunnel is 6-12 months and no one has confirmed that construction has even started yet or that the fans have been ordered (usually a sign that the project has financing to pay for construction) then it might be a while until one is open.

If I remember right some of the parts that were originally going to be used in these tunnels were sold off to other tunnels since this project was so questionable.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

I know at least 1 region that the word was the territory was purchased with the express plan to hold it and resell it later for a profit with out ever building a tunnel. There was a reserved territory of Manhattan that they wanted to build a tunnel on a barge and park it on the river but I see it is not on their site anymore as a project.

I really hope this project gets off the ground since its not that bad for flights to NYC from anywhere.
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com

I don't get it, it's a no brainer!
We have NYC right there! How many people would go?
The place would be a mad house!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

I see some inherent (sp?) problems with building a tunnel on a barge. I believe that that became the NJ territory that is currently reserved (because of NYC permit issues plus technical issues being on a barge).

I also can't see SV allowing an open ended territory agreement to exist because they aren't going to make any additional money until the tunnel is built.

I wonder what the cost of the territory agreement and the cost of the tunnel + construction (minus land costs) is? Anyone have any ideas?

Take a look at a slightly old mirror of Skyventures site for an idea about how many tunnels have been planned for the East coast and have yet to happen:

http://www.skyventurekorea.com/new/diving2.asp

SkyVenture Philladelphia

Region: North America

A small group of local investors with prior amusement industry experience lead by Skydiver Chester Schwartz recently purchased a 12 foot, recirculating, 1000 HP SkyVenture wind tunnel for installation in Philladelphia, PA. The group recently secured a location adjacent to a shopping mall / movie theatre / entertainment complex. Opening date expected the end of 2006. The group is still entertaining the prospect of admitting a few additional investors.

SkyVenture New Jersey

SkyVenture, LLC has recently entered into an agreement to install two 10 foot wind tunnels as the centerpiece of the planned 1.3 Billion Xanadu sports, shopping and entertainment complex at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. When built in late 2007, Xanadu will be the largest shopping mall in the world. It will include an indoor waterpark, 600 foot long indoor snow slope and other extreme attractions.

SkyVenture Manhattan

The development rights to lower Manhattan have been purchased by a small group of private investors. This 12 foot, recirculaing, 1000 HP wind tunnel will be installed on a stationary barge and attached to a pier that includes various other entertainment attractions. Opening Spring 2007.

I did find a sketch of the proposed NY tunnel when it was still on the drawing board. Can anyone even tell if they have broken ground on the Tunnel portion of Xanadu yet? They are advertising it as an attraction but until the pits are dug its still vaporware that was said to have been open for 2 years already at this point. I'd love for them to open...
Yesterday is history

Parachutemanuals.com