lurke

Team training freefly

I am currently looking for a place to do freefly team training this July (east coast usa). We need a fast tunnel (to do randoms) and a nearby efficient DZ where we can do 12 jumps a day with nice stable weather. Where should we go?

Have been looking into Skyventure New Hampsire + Pepperell Skydiving Centre and Skyventure Colorado + Mile High. Off cours also ParacleteXP + Reaford.

Where would you go and why?

I would recommend SkyVenture Colorado for a variety of reasons:

Colorado has a great climate and is very pleasant in the summer.

There is tons to do in the summer in Colorado other than skydiving (if you stay extra days ) such as white water rafting.

The staff/coaching in Colorado is AWESOME, if needed, their instructors/coaches can assist you with everything (Dan Perry and Rusty Lewis are on a team that does 4 way VRW, 2 Way VRW and 4 Way FS)

Cost of hotels/other costs are very reasonable in Colorado.

The tunnel is very conveniently located and competitively priced.

I'm also a big fan of the Colorado tunnel. The instruction can't be beat...it's powerful enough to do 4-way VRW...and it's small enough to force you to fly really tight, while being big enough to fit everything in.

(My 4-way team recently flew the AZ tunnel, and we were amazed at how much faster we turned points thanks to the extra 2 feet. Had we not been training at SVCO, I imagine we'd be in the habit of flying a little more sloppy).

All that Jennifer said re: the costs and things to do in CO are also spot-on. And again, the instructors are the best I've encountered (out of the 6 US tunnels I've flown).

The one drawback I'd say would be Mile-Hi. Sometimes getting on a load over the summer can be difficult, even with 2 planes running. You might want to call the DZ & ask them if they can accommodate you, just to be sure.
Signatures are the new black.