firewendy

Indoor Skydiving Championships! CASH Prizes!!!

Paraclete XP is sponsoring and hosting the 1st annual "Indoor Skydiving Championships". This will be a 4way FS and 2way VFS/Freefly event.

June 12th - 14th, 2009

4 Way FS - Max 40 Teams
Open - $500 Registration - 10 round Meet
Prizes: 1st $6,500 2nd $1,000 3rd $500

Intermediate – $500 Registration - 10 round Meet
Prizes: 1st $3,000 2nd $750 3rd $250

Rookie – $350 Registration – 6 round Meet
Prizes: 1st $2,000 2nd 1 hr tunnel time 3rd ½ hour tunnel time

For the Rookie class we will post the draw March 10th and you can practice before.

2 Way VFS/FreeFly - Max 40 Teams
Open - $350 Registration – 6 round meet
Prizes: 1st $4,000 2nd $1,000 3rd $500

Intermediate - $350 Registration – 6 round meet
Prizes: 1st $2,000 2nd 1hr tunnel time 3rd ½ hour tunnel time

The 2 Way VFS/Freefly will be 2 rounds FreeFly 4 round VFS

Registration will close on June 1st.
Practice time will start Friday at 5:00 pm

http://www.paracletexp.com/node/78

Sounds like they are following the CSC (Carolina Skydiving League) Format. Which leaves out 4 Way VFS because the region lacks the talent to support it.

Not trying to be an ass I'm speaking from experience as formerly a member of the only 4 way VRW Team in the region. And I certainly couldn't drum up any interest in 2008.

But if this is going to be an advertised Tunnel Competition, then 4 Way VFS should certainly be added. I'd suggest the orgainzers reach out to Paraclete for assistance.

for what it's worth, i prefer 2-way events. i also think 3-way can be fun, but i've never seen that in an organized competition.

the spectator in me enjoys the visual appeal of 2-way artistic events. the participant in me enjoys dancing with fewer people, either in an artistic or standard event.

large groups turning points as part of a draw has certainly always impressed me, and seems easier to judge (as fewer will challenge a raw count than the subjective impressiveness of a routine).

but when it all comes down to it, give me two people dancing around each other. but that's just me!

all of this being said, i do echo ari's question as to format, regardless of number of people per flying orientation.

cheers!

-eli

I would very much like a 2 way event where one competitor from each team must be a cat. Please consider this. Thanks.

Clawed or Declawed?
“Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.” Sydney Smith

Wendy/XP Staff, I still cant seem to find any info on the judges you have selected. also there is still no info on Judging Criteria for the free rounds. There is also no Info on how you plan to score free round versus compulsory round?

Have the officials ever judged a tunnel comp?

Plamer

"Paraclete XP will provide 3 minutes of training time per registered team on Friday night, June 12,
2009."

This is stated in the rules on our website. These 3 minutes should allow you to adjust speeds etc. according to your team.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
~Wendy

The video will be the final judge for any point/busts made.

You may find the following information in the freefly rules posted on our website:

Scoring FreeFly Routines
Judges will give each of the following criteria a score between 0 and 10 with the average of the
scores being the final result for that round, expressed as a number up to one decimal point, taking
into account the following guidelines:

Technical Aspects
· Difficulty: The degree of difficulty of all moves and transitions.
· Movement Skills: Ability to move vertical, horizontal and multiple rotations in a flat, back down,
sideways, head up, head down or any other possible orientation.
· Precision, Control: Ability of the performers to demonstrate body control skill or series of
skills.
· Team Work: The ability to combine technical skills of the performers to stay within close
proximity of each other throughout the routine and/or create complex effects of movements.

Examples for Technical:
· The performers maintain proper proximity throughout the moves.
· All flying surfaces are used (i.e. flat, backdown, headup, headdown, sideways).
· A constant interaction and teamwork displayed.
· The routine shows a wide variety of skills.

Presentation
· Visual Excitement: Routine should hold the viewers’ attention throughout the performance and
all maneuvers are entertaining without being unnecessary.
· Originality: Creative choreography in variety.
· Team Work: Routines that demonstrate combined skills of both team members

Examples for Presentation:
· The routine has a definite beginning, good use of working time and a definitive ending
· The routine has a nice flow. There is a high level of creativity in the way of new moves, original
choreography and new twists on old moves.
· The routine is enjoyable and aesthetically pleasing to watch."

Hi Ari,

Thanks for making us aware of that typo! VFS will be 1 minute of flight time with 35 seconds of working time, from the time that your team leaves the net.

Due to numerous teams requesting a late registration, we will also leave the registration open, so your team may still register online at:
http://www.paracletexp.com/node/78

Are you even Coming?

I registered for every event months ago. Let me know if you didnt receive my online registration.

I Also emailed wendy with my updated events that i am planning on doing yesterday june 1st but got no reply.

As for the judging criteria. Looks Awesome :). I think there is alot of thing that need to be changed, However i think it is way to late to change the rules or announce anymore changes. So i guess i i will just plan on doing my free rounds to the exact criteria that you stated in your above post.

I am in the dominican republic until the 11th. I have never flown two way with Ari, or ever looked at the new VFS dive pool. but will be at the comp with my bells on. If you have any questions for me you all have my email address and can contact me at any time.

Have a nice day

I am sipping a mojito on the beach. Life is good.