mdrejhon

4-Way Tunnel Camp at SVNH -- DEC 13th -- Canadian Roadtrip! (But Americans welcome)

Hello,

As Skyventure Montreal is probably not going to be complete before March 2009, we still need our tunnel fix :)
There's a 4-Way tunnel camp at SVNH with a group of us for the weekend of December 13th. I'm taking 2 hours of 4-ways, spread throughout a whole day. Sharing the chamber is a cheap way to get lots of tunnel experience -- since you split costs with your buddies.

Although it's mostly roadtrips of a groups of us from Canada, anyone within earshot of SVNH is welcome if you already have 4-way tunnel experience, or that you're willing to purchase one-on-one coaching time to prep yourself for 4-ways in the tunnel chamber.

Please PM me, and I'll get you in touch with Chris Kotscha (Canadian), whom I fly with in past 4-ways, and who's helping organize this along with other people (coaches). He'll get you on the list and make sure a slot is available.

The cost is approximately $200 per hour -- much cheaper than flying solo. As long as you already have 4-way tunnel experience or be willing to pay for one-on-one coaching to prep you for 4-ways in the tunnel!

I'm organizing the event with SkyVenture New Hampshire, and will post the more specific details within the next day or two. It's a 4-way FS event with "intermediate" (randoms and solo flying blocks only) and "open" (randoms and about 8 blocks) divisions.

Registration is $140 per team (just $35/person) and includes 10 rounds and 2 minutes of warm up time. The meet briefing will begin at 1PM on Dec. 13th and awards will be done by 9PM.

There won't be any cash purses - just a low cost, good times, and whatever donations come our way from industry manufactures.

Thanks,
Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

Registration is $140 per team (just $35/person) and includes 10 rounds and 2 minutes of warm up time.

So to confirm, that's $35 per 10 minutes tunnel if a round is 1 minute each. (close to the $200/hour total quote I have been hearing)

So it's you who's corresponding with Chris. Has Chris updated you that I would like 2 hours of 4-way if there's enough slots available? (I did 1.5 hours in one day, spread throughout the whole day, so I can handle it.) I don't want to step in any communications you already have with Chris...

So is this a camp, a competition, or both? I was just planning for a SVNH tune up in December for the various big way events in January. Several of my team mates expressed interest as well. $200 per hour is a lot cheaper than what we could do on our own. If this is a coached training opportunity then I would be very very interested and I would have at least one other as well.

I'll clear up the confusion - there are potentially two things going on over the same weekend. There is a NSL style tunnel meet going on from 1PM - 8PM on Dec. 13, and the opportunity to schedule additional time to work with coaches in the morning - at least one private "camp" will be happening Saturday morning.

There also may be a separate Canadian organized camp going on that weekend. I hope that the events can have some overlap, it would be great to have some Canadian teams participate in the 4-way Comp as well. More details about the meet and the cost are listed in a separate post.

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!