KRBKV

FreezoneMoscow 16.5 feet

What is the deal with the slab?? Its wavy.

Its not a slab. Its the top of the foundations. And the wavyness you see is probably weird persepctive from the panoramic composition.

The slab is the foundation! And I was thinking if it was something wrong with the picture then it would show around other edges or in other parts of picture.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I was talking about the concrete slab/foundation. In the picture it does not look as if the it was smoothed/finished correctly.

Yes, you right it looks like, but the basement is not complete yet. In our case constructor's supervisory officials in Russia gave us a solid prescription to finish the concrete once we assemble first level of steel. As of yesterday, the first level of steel is done and the construction team is preparing the form to finish work with concrete. It takes one more week.
And in the meantime the fitting crew will assemble the entire parts: fans, diffusor, turning vans, louvers, etc. - all the parts that will be placed on the skeleton.

So they are putting more concrete on top of that concrete? I just dont understand why they would finish the concrete so wavy. Is that a pre fab steel building? Or are they cutting steel on site? If it is pre fab then it would cause alot of problems on the metal workers to asemble the building on a slab like that. Please help me understand. Thanks.

There are bows on front and side you can see if you compare concrete to steel horizontal structure perling. The only thing i can think of is if there are going to poor the (concrete) walls in place at job sight. But if that was the intentions then there are better ways to do that

What is the deal with the slab?? Its wavy.

Its not a slab. Its the top of the foundations. And the wavyness you see is probably weird persepctive from the panoramic composition.
The slab is the foundation! And I was thinking if it was something wrong with the picture then it would show around other edges or in other parts of picture.

A slab is a slab, ie, a layer of concrete poured on top of something.

There is no slab there, just a foundation basement (well, I guess there is a slab but its 15 feet down from the surface), ie, vertical concrete wall sections forming a box for the basement. What you see is the top of those walls. Having a slab on top of that would kinda defeat the purpose of sucking air throught it ;).

And, again, the image is a composite of multiple images to create a panoramic view (google the name on the watermark of the pictures)
Remster

So they are putting more concrete on top of that concrete? Is that a pre fab steel building? Or are they cutting steel on site?

I would like to answer all your questions, but i know only what i see and what i have heard from person in charge. After the first level of structural steel was assembling, the concrete should be done up to the projected top. (Now wavy concrete is on ca. -400 mm from the projected top) And 3-7 days after the pouring the concrete the assembling team could continue its job with the structural steel. As i said before, there is an official permition from the local ministry of construction to proceed such order of assembling.

Hi.
Rumors only. Officially that tunnel is not open for visitors yet. But from time to time people are flying there.

Ok.. thanks for the info. Intresting to know that it has been already built !

So is it still not completely finished or why isnt it open for visitors ?

News from our tunnel. The concrete work is done and the assembling crew is working on the structural steel. One of the RAT (return air tower) is on its place.
I will add current pictures to my Facebook page in a couple of days.

Good luck!

Three tunnels for one city is a lot though!

Actually, there is only one tunnel that is opened for general visitors 24/7 - 12 feet Freezone Moscow. ;)

Well, since today another one tunnel is open for general visitors - 16.5 feet Freezone Moscow.