bambooman

Gratuity for coach--how much????

I just did my first wind tunnel session and it was super cool. I got the business card of the instructor with his coaching fees. I'm going to sign up with him (5 minutes of tunnel time here and there). What;s the appropriate gratuity each time I do a 5 minute tunnel session???? 5 minutes=$66.00
Thanks

I would say 5 to 10 bucks.

If he is doing the coaching on the side and the money doesn't go to the tunnel I would say 5.00

If the coaching is going through the tunnel I'd say 10 dollars because he may not be seeing any of that coaching money.

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

I get really sick of these tipping threads. It's optional, tip, don't tip, whatever, suck it up and figure it out for yourself.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I get really sick of these tipping threads. It's optional, tip, don't tip, whatever, suck it up and figure it out for yourself.

I think its a very legit question. I'm going to my first tunnel in February (Denver) and didn't think about tipping (but I will now). I'd hate to give a guy a buck only to find out the traditional tip is $5 or $10.

Lighten up, Bill! ;)
Doc
http://www.manifestmaster.com/video

find out the traditional tip i

Honestly, John, what the hell is a "traditional tip"?

Have fun at camp, let me know all about it. I hope you hire a mantis coach and not just go and fly a bit. You'll absolutely love it. And if you get a good one, they'll charge you a fair price up front and you won't have to worry about arbitrary voluntary (but implied expectations of) compensation.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

As the tipping threads get really thick I wonder if the tunnel rats might be driving them a tad?***
Owned by Remi #?

Damn, I should be hired by some tunnel in US!! :)

For 1.5 years of work I only once had a tip (and it was a guy from USA :) ) and believe that is not because I am not good :)

We just do not have a 'tip habit' here.

But I got a tips as a musician when playing with my band, sometimes tips are more that we're getting for 3x45 min show.

I never expect tips but we are greately appreciated hot coffe and some food from nearest drive-in when we are working nights (usually up to 4-5 a.m. :)