outski

Aerodium

Haven't been to an Aerodium, but from spring next year the closest closed, recirculating Tunnel from Gdansk would probably be in Bottrop, FRG. 14 ft. diameter and 2000 hp. Fast and big enough for 4way RW.
Hope this is not offtopic.
The mind is like a parachute - it only works once it's open.
From the edge you just see more.
... Not every Swooper hooks & not every Hooker swoops ...

Yes, I know and waiting for some more info - i heard that in month they should start ;) - need to verify it

I got replay from Aerodium that it is not good for RW; but maybe in April 2009 they will have open closed tunnel in Jelgava (50km from Riga) - but more info at the beginng of new year.

thx:)

I went there this summer, very nice friendly people but in baggy ff suit i couldnt get off ground on belly and i m about 60kgs. so tried one of their suits and had to fly super big to get off ground, unfortunately airflow didnt seem constant so was tricky. The instructors can do some cool stuff in there and good for floating tourists in but not really for skydive trainning. They mentioned indoor tunnel planned for near riga so that could be good.

Outdoor Aerodium tunnels tend to be old technology. The first wind tunnel open to the public was an Aerodium, up here in Canada sometime in 1979 (or 1980?). A friend of mine flew that one almost 30 years ago, said it cost only $25 an hour -- now those were the good old days!