djta0707

Tunnel near Columbus Georgia??

I want to go get some tunnel time but being that I have never been I thought i would ask the experts. Where is the closest place for me to go? I have done some looking and come up with Skyventure in Orlando, Florida. I was just wondering if there was one a little bit closer to me. I live in Columbus, Georgia. thanks

Your other choices:

Appalachian Amusement Center, NC

Flyaway, TN

Of the two, skydivers seem to generally recommend the Appalachian Amusement Center as being better for skydivers. The other might be worth a visit for fun though. There's also Paraclete XP, which is a much bigger tunnel (16 feet diameter), but seems roughly similiar distance as Skyventure Orlando.

I have been to all 3 of those tunnels (not the outdoor one) and if you are going to drive that far and spend the $$ for some tunnel time, I would go to Paraclete XP in Raeford. It is by far the best one of the 3, and worth the little bit of an extra drive.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

and if you are going to drive that far and spend the $$ for some tunnel time, I would go to Paraclete XP in Raeford. It is by far the best one of the 3, and worth the little bit of an extra drive.

I agree!
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

According to their website, the AAC tunnel is still down awaiting installation of their new fan.

According to their website, the AAC is open now.

10-15-2008 Today was the first flight with our second generation fan. This new fan allows us, for the first time, to operate at full power. Until now we were limited to only 70% power.

http://www.verticalwind.com/milestones.html