PeregrineFalcon

IFly SF Leagues

I'm looking at the price of tunnel time and I'm thinking it might be better to join a league. It's 160 bucks to join a league, but i have a couple of questions.

1. Do you get more tunnel time for your money if you join a league?

2. Would a newbie like myself (10 jumps and 1 two-minute session of tunnel time) be a hindrance for whatever team I end up with or is there some sort of beginners league or maybe like bowling where there's a handicap?

3. Apparently, I have a really fast fall rate. Although it helps me be real stable in free fall, it looked stupid in the tunnel as I went down to the floor. I haven't yet learned to slow my rate, but I'm thinking it has to do with less of an arch and more extension of arms and legs. Is that right?

4. When they had the instructor do a demo for us, they obviously had the fan go faster for him, will they speed it up for a league?

Thanks for the responses to any or all of these questions.

Is it a deal? They'll most likely five some discount as compared to the normal rates.

If you're a newb, they'll likely put you with a team where your level of experience and talent is appropriate.

Fall rate is relative. That's (one reason) why they call it relative work. In 4-way, everyone speeds up to fall with the speedy one in the bunch. Wearing baggy suits to slow down, or cupping air is counter-productive to good 4-way. You do want to have your control surfaces (arms and shins/feet) in the airflow, but you don't want to be 'getting big'. There is a happy medium there.

When the instructors do their demo's, the controller will crank the tunnel up to speeds appropriate for freefly body positions, so that they can show you everything you can do. You can do belly at freefly speeds, but you can't do freefly at belly speeds (unless you are a total bad-ass). For you, they're going to keep the speed at a level that has you on or near the net until you have shown that you can hold a stable arch, not bounce off the walls, and that you have control over your levels.

I fly at iFly SF Bay on a regular basis, so feel free to PM with any more questions you might have.
A dolor netus non dui aliquet, sagittis felis sodales, dolor sociis mauris, vel eu libero cras. Interdum at. Eget habitasse elementum est.