AliMac

Heading to the tunnel for the first time...

Hey guys,
I'm heading up to the tunnel in NH on Tuesday to do 10 minutes. I am currently an AFF student who has just returned to the air after being grounded for about 3 months with an injusy. Any tips you can give for a first timer? I'm heading up to work on my leg position....

Make sure you inform them and get a skydiving-experienced tunnel instructor experienced in AFF.

So that you actually spend time on leg practice rather than just only familiarizing with the tunnel or a new body flying position such as mantis (very useful for longer tunnel lessons or career in formation skydiving, but may conflict with the regular boxman arch teaching of AFF).

For that $150 for 10 minutes, spend the extra $50 to use an outside tunnel instructor that also happens to be an AFFI or highly experienced RW skydiver. Well worth it in my tunnel experience where possible :)

Go into the tunnel with a plan of what you want to do and accomplish during those 10 mins and most importantly, let the tunnel instructor know you are coming off of an injury. Listen to your body since you have an injury and have not been in the air in awhile, don't over do it. Have fun. :)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

The other biggest advice that I can give to you is to REALLY LISTEN to the instructor that you get. Open your mind up totally to what they are going to teach you.

And yes, make sure that it is an experienced RW flyer or preferably an AFF-I that you are going in with, not just a tunnel rat, so that they can teach you according to what you learned so far and will be expected to do in the sky.

RELAX! Smile, enjoy yourself.
Not again!