Chipotle

Anybody know Joe Woods?

...at least I think that is what he said his name was.

Supposedly coming in somewhere around third after John Suiter and Phil Henderson in terms of sheer hours in a tunnel. He said he started out at Pigeon Forge Flyaway and allegedly won a whole bunch of National competitions with freestyle back in the day?

I believe he said his name was Joe Woods or maybe Joel Woods.

Just wondering if anyone knew who he is? I've never heard of him.

Definitely not. I know who Joe Winters is! I was just at work (SVCO) last night and he walked in and started talking to me. He was definitely a nice guy... he is a pilot for Cessna.

Talking about wind tunnel flying, he started dropping a bunch of names and even claimed to be one of the pioneers of the backflip twist at flyaway.

He was cool but I'm a bit skeptical having not recognized his face or name.

We think you mean Joel Wade.

He did work at Flyaway once upon a time, and did go to Nationals somewhere in the late 80's or early 90's and did place somewhere near the top.

Last we heard, he was a pilot or some such sceario. Haven't kept up with him over the years.

If you see him again, tell him John says Hi!

Well let me tell you.......in my day we called it freak flyin. I pie-o-neerd all the flashy moves i see you young bucks doin today. I once flew so fast i broke the space time continuim and ended up in Jay-Pan in the winter of 1943. You can check the history books on that one boy it was the coldest they had seen yet, anyhow, no shit there i was, thought i was gonna die when this one ol boy asked me to do a HORNEY GAY-RILLA, i said man, i cant even get a slice from my wife, how you reckon we gonna talk a a gay-rilla into it?;).....Im sorry couldnt help myself.

huh? :|

it was'nt as funny as i thought so i deleted it. can you say high to John for me.

Old timers are fun, listen to what they say and enjoy. in the long run it does'nt really matter if dudes full of it or not.