danny2485

tunnel prices

whats the average price for wind tunnels. im thinking about doing one before i do my aff 1. i live in orlando florida and there is skyventure there and is $45 for the intro. its an hour of flight. just wondering if thats good to do before i take my aff 1. ive read on here that it is.

The $45 gets you two flights lasting one minute each. The whole experience takes about an hour including the class, your flight time and everyone else's flight time in your class. That specific intro to flying deal for $45 is also more of a tourist ride than something that will help you with your AFF.

The tunnel is fantastic for learning how to fly. If you want to use it to help with your AFF, then I'd recommend getting a 10 or 15 minute block with coaching. I believe SkyVenture Orlando offers an AFF coaching package that includes tunnel time and coaching. I'm not sure the specifics of it, you'd have to contact them for more details. There are also a lot of outside coaches (like me) who coach students at the wind tunnel.

Usually whatever dropzone you are doing your AFF at has instructors who will also work with you at the wind tunnel. Since you live in Orlando, I'd guess you'll be doing your AFF at either DeLand, ZHills or Sebastian. All three of them have instructors who can work with you in both the sky and the tunnel.

If you pay for coaching at a wind tunnel, make sure you get a good brief before you fly and a video debrief after you're done.

Feel free to PM me with any questions as I coach at the Orlando tunnel all the time.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

yes pretty much what Ari said is cool however i have included another option for you.
You could just do Wind tunnel AFF with Skydive University at DeLand that way we can take care of your jumping and tunnel using the same Instructors for both.
Skydive university are the only company with an AFF program specifically designed around wind tunnel training, and in less jumps than a regular Aff program.
Check out our web site or pm me if you have any questions. All of our prices are on there.

www.skydiveu.com

thanks a lot, how much would it be for what your talking about with 10 or 15 minutes.

I went to SkyVenture NH and did two sessions of 15 minutes. Each was like $200 or thereabouts (including coaching). They rotate you with other flyers, so you do that time in smaller chunks and rest/think in between.

It's a lot of fun - I highly recommend it!

I went to skyventure colorado and I believe they charged the normal person $12/hour but since we had a legit instructor he dropped the price a little bit to $11/hour. Our instructor was actually our AFF instructor at our DZ the next day and didn't even work as an employee at this wind tunnel. However, since he brought so many students to the windtunnel, they only charged him about $6-$7/hour and he kept the difference between what we paid him and the price he was being charged.

whats the average price for wind tunnels. im thinking about doing one before i do my aff 1. i live in orlando florida and there is skyventure there and is $45 for the intro. its an hour of flight.

Dude your not gonna get an hour in the tunnel for $45. at the least 2x 1:00 flights. even thats pushing it.

"your the shit till you eat it !!!!!!!! damn that wall hurts..."

I went to skyventure colorado and I believe they charged the normal person $12/hour but since we had a legit instructor he dropped the price a little bit to $11/hour.

Check the prices at: http://skyventurecolorado.com/index.php?page=210

Considering most places charge between $200 and $300 for 15 minutes, I'd be EXTREMELY surprised to find somewhere that would charge you $12 an HOUR for wind tunnel. Not unless that hour included only 1 minute of flying time, and 59 minutes of video watching (and even then, I think that would be cheap).

The best deal out there right now is an unusual deal that is happening at boogies. There are a few members from Skyventure Colorado that are going to boogies and organizing jumps along with selling tunnel time.

At the boogies they are selling COACHED tunnel time for $600/hr.

Yes, coached time. They are at Skydive Oregon in Molalla this weekend for their boogie.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught that. Paid $800 for an hour at SVNH, and we were lucky enough to get a decent deal on coaching and video. But I think they have an intro of like $76 US for 2 minutes of flight, a video debrief(not an actual copy) and a t-shirt. I was gonna say, if you find a tunnel that charges $45 an hour, I'd sell a kidney to get there.

Tunnel is great whatever the price is. Not sure if you'd be good to do that BEFORE your AFF. I'd talk to your instructors about that.

Good luck!!
PULL!! or DIE!!

If you get enough tunnel time, a 4-way camp can eventually get the costs down to about $200-$250 per hour per person when sharing the chamber. You do need to have a pool of RW buddies and an appropriate RW coach, and at least about an hour solo each before they let you all fly in the same chamber.

Not sure if you'd be good to do that BEFORE your AFF. I'd talk to your instructors about that.

Personally I wish I had went and did some tunnel time right before I started AFF.
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs