mdrejhon

Skyventure Montreal Progress! [pix!]

Folks. New pics from a week ago. Please see the attachments. Latest Status: South Tower completed, North Tower in progress. Divisions started, electrical work started. A lot of action.

Appending a few pictures.

More can be found on the Nouvel Air forum (http://forum.nouvelair.ca/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=539&p=6), see also the Facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=24828911822), and finally, the CSPA wind tunnel gallery (http://www.cspa.ca/forum/gallery/album.php?album_id=13).

And of course, here's the official web site:
http://www.skyventuremontreal.com.

All, I am told the new opening date is April. I am looking to buy, or join anyone in buying blocks of time for spring and summer. We have many interested skydivers here in Vermont of all abilities. If anyone is organizing something cool please let us know. Thanks. -MM

Hi Everybody... latest status: Instructors in formation, starting tomorrow offsite. Both towers completed, turn 3 & 4 deflectors to be installed in the coming week. Electrical work still in progress. Opening date April 15.

The CSPA held its AGM yesterday and the banquet was held at Skyventure Montreal. Attaching pictures of the event.

Blue Skies.

Would you be able to see from outside people flying in the tunnel?

Evening and night, definitely. Daytime, problem is the windows are teinted... if you look carefully, I guess it's possible but not as easy as when it's dark outside.

Already got 120 minutes of 4-way tunnel time reserved on that very first weekend :)
Depending on how things go, I might purchase another 15 minutes, as solo tunnel time, since this is the weekend before Perris P3 Big Ways -- another big expense that must obviously be balanced out by the need to do some practice on the weekend prior.

I may need to go to NouvelAir or some Montreal-area dropzone during the same weekend too, for some RW practice as well. Anyone going to DZ's the same weekend?

Hey la gang.... devinez quoi!

J'ai reçu un téléphone de PA ce-soir... et j'entendais le bruit des moteurs en arrière!!!!!

Marquez cette date dans vos livres d'histoire: Il y a eu un "Power On" chez Skyventure Montreal ce-soir.

Je suis certain que PA va nous publier des photos de cet événement historique bientôt!...

Yééééééééééééééé....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess What... Just received a phone call from SV Mtl... and I could hear the engines in the background! There has been a power on at SV Mtl tonight...

Yippee!...

I'm sure PA will publish some pictures of the event soon... Stay tuned.

Hey la gang.... devinez quoi!

J'ai reçu un téléphone de PA ce-soir... et j'entendais le bruit des moteurs en arrière!!!!!

Marquez cette date dans vos livres d'histoire: Il y a eu un "Power On" chez Skyventure Montreal ce-soir.

Je suis certain que PA va nous publier des photos de cet événement historique bientôt!...

Yééééééééééééééé....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess What... Just received a phone call from SV Mtl... and I could hear the engines in the background! There has been a power on at SV Mtl tonight...

Yippee!...

I'm sure PA will publish some pictures of the event soon... Stay tuned.

Photos???? Non! Video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXdiTLdechE
Remster

Just a little update... The instructors will be done today with their third week of training. I went to the tunnel yesterday evening and watched the last session. I was impressed with the skills and control that our crew demonstrated. Good job guys. Next week will be dedicated to training with non jumpers and then, the instructors will be ready for the opening.

Funny thing: yesterday, Alain and I went to pick up a box of jump suits and saw two persons watching from the parking lot. They were thrilled to see the instructors flying and asked when the tunnel will open!...

Salut... Juste un statut...

Les instructeurs finissent de se faire battre aujourd'hui, congé demain et la semaine prochaine entraînement avec des cobayes, ce qui devrait terminer la formation. Je suis allé au tunnel hier soir et j'ai pu constater une excellente maîtrise de la part de nos instructeurs. J'ai bien apprécié ce que j'ai vu.

Ensuite, il reste une semaine de travail avec des cobayes (personnes sans expériences) et les instructeurs seront prêts pour l'ouverture.

Petite anecdote: j'étais descendu avec Alain chercher la boîte de Jump Suits et on a remarqué 2 personnes debout dans le stationnement qui regardaient avec le gros sourire les instructeurs dans le tunnel... ils ont commenté qu'ils trouvaient ça trippant.

Le lien suivant contient un vidéo tourné à Skyventure Montreal par l'équipe de Salut Bonjour la semaine passée et présentée ce-matin sur les ondes de TVA. On y voit Évolution en entraînement et plusieurs bonnes séquences de head down par Brian.

The following link contains a video filmed at Skyventure Montreal last week for the "Salut Bonjour" TV show which aired this morning. It features Evolution training in the tunnel and Brian doing head down. Even though it's in french, definitely worth a look. Enjoy!.

http://tva.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/player/player_preroll.pl?titre=Salut%20Bonjour&emission=salutbonjour&video=http%3A//medias.tva.ca/emissions/salutbonjour/pleinair/51666.wmv&reseau=TVA&promotion=

I did 20 min so far. This thing is better and more addictive than cocaine!

It feels so good that I'm considering during only hop&pops from the plain and use the tunnel for free fall. On the long run I think I'm saving money and time!
Lock, Dock and Two Smoking Barrelrolls!

Well the first camp came and went. The facilities were nice, parts of the tunnel are still under construction (Addition of the floor tiles, fridges, some counter tops, etc) but that will all be done in the near future. The tunnel is huge! and you can walk all the way around it to watch. Only having one door means that you are less likely to have a foot fall out the door. :) There is also no dead spot, nice and smooth air the whole time. :)
Downsizing is not the way to prove your manhood.

Skyventure Montreal has the smoothest air I've ever felt in a tunnel. In fact, very good even near the door. When I flew right in front of the door area, there was no turbulence, just a smooth drop-off of the air as my leg accidentally pokes out of the door -- it's very easy to recover from being too close to Skyventure Montreal's chamber door as it has much less turblence than at other Skyventure's I've been to.

Even fits 6-ways, and makes it very easy for skydiver-experienced novices to go almost straight into 4-way in less than 30 minutes. One of us skydivers at the 4way camp, had only 10 or 15 minute tunnel time at Orlando but in less than half an hour, he was quickly promoted up to 3-ways and 4-ways, performing slightly better than the worse of us who had more tunnel time. I had the opportunity to fly with him.

All in all, I had 2h45min tunnel time in one weekend a few weekends ago before my Perris trip Yes, I did almost 3 hours in the tunnel in one weekend! 2 hours a day is very manageable when spread throughout the day all day long in many rotations, and there was good healthy food nearby in various restaurants near Skyventure Montreal, plus there's fast food at the colossus multiplex if one needs a quick takeout of New York Fries...

Here's a video "walkthrough" of Skyventure Montreal on YouTube, from my trip. As you can see, the tunnel camp occured while the operational tunnel was still finishing construction! (fittings, etc). The cash register area doesn't even exist yet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeozVemqFPc

This was three weeks ago, so more progress has been done since!