mdrejhon

Skyventure Montreal Progress! [pix!]

Hey,

Thanks for chiming in. I just noticed you posted the new pictures today (in the facebook group). It appears that the fans have arrived. They look beautiful! :)
(To other readers in this thread, P.A. is closely keeping people in the loop about Skyventure Montreal -- see new photos uploaded by P.A.)

P.S. I am interested in being part of a monthly or twice-monthly intermediate fun 4-way tunnel team for tunnel trip to rack up my tunnel hours in 2009, I'd like to do 15 hours of 4-ways in the tunnel during 2009 if there are enough 4-way buddies to do it with! Such as Thursday evenings, half an hour twice a month. Please see if you can collect rosters of interested tunnel flyers. (I have 4-way tunnel experience with members of Team Evolution as coaches)

P.P.S. The jumpers at Skydive Gananoque were definitely excited about the prospect of a wind tunnel being built nearby within our borders!

Click on the english button at the top right corner of the page

They made the color of the English link too hard to see -- I'll be letting them know to put a large "ENGLISH" button there instead.

For the lazy:
Skyventure Montreal ENGLISH CLICKY

For the unemployed:
Skyventure Montreal JOB OPENINGS

(You may need to be bilingual, be able to speak French too.)

Hi everyone!

Yes, the website is already online at www.skyventuremontreal.com.

We also have determined the list of prices that you’ll find on the website soon.

And for those who are impatient and want to buy low price time during the construction can do so by contacting us directly at [email protected] or 514-524-4000.
P.A.

P.S. I am interested in being part of a monthly or twice-monthly intermediate fun 4-way tunnel team for tunnel trip to rack up my tunnel hours in 2009, I'd like to do 15 hours of 4-ways in the tunnel during 2009 if there are enough 4-way buddies to do it with! Such as Thursday evenings, half an hour twice a month. Please see if you can collect rosters of interested tunnel flyers. (I have 4-way tunnel experience with members of Team Evolution as coaches)

P.P.S. The jumpers at Skydive Gananoque were definitely excited about the prospect of a wind tunnel being built nearby within our borders!

Mark Buddy, I am in for sure! Sucks that i moved from Montreal, but hey its only 4 hrs if i speed!
Downsizing is not the way to prove your manhood.

Hi everyone!

Yes, the website is already online at www.skyventuremontreal.com.

We also have determined the list of prices that you’ll find on the website soon.

And for those who are impatient and want to buy low price time during the construction can do so by contacting us directly at [email protected] or 514-524-4000.
P.A.

TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Mark Buddy, I am in for sure! Sucks that i moved from Montreal, but hey its only 4 hrs if i speed!

It would be great to fly with you again. At least it's still the nearest tunnel, unlike the 7 or 8 hours we needed to get to Skyventure NH (still a great place!)

Now we only need two more regulars, and we've got a 4-way team for Skyventure Montreal! It's just the price of 3-4 hours of tunnel time apiece, plus the price of a supervising coach such as a Team Evolution member... (at least to begin with)

Skyventure Montreal is selling discounted tunnel time during construction, let's take advantage of this...

Pre-sales of tunnel time is now available.

Some members of the skydiving community buying bulk during construction time may be able to fly during December (before Christmas) while the rest of the facilities are still being completed.

This is assuming the chamber is complete and up-and-running by then, and they're allowed to fly people in the chamber.

Hello to all,

This message is to inform you that we have postponed the official opening of SkyVenture Montreal to March of 2009.

The recent hurricanes, Hanna and Ike, that have hit the Florida state have damaged our steel factory and have therefore forced them to temporarily stop production.

But this delay is allowing us to prepare a few surprises for you!

Don’t forget that you can still buy some time at a lower cost during construction.

We hope to see you fly in our tunnel soon,

The SkyVenture Montreal team.

Finally, time for me to book time. Chris Kotscha, with Vincent Lemay as coach, is getting together as many tunnel hours as possible (15 to 70 hours of bulk purchase). There seems to be good demand.

Still a 4-way novice; I did my first 4-way flyover/flyunder block moves in SVNH. (Blocks that required some of us to fly over each other -- vertical component -- due to limited space in the chamber) Only for one block, but it's a challenge in a 12-foot chamber. We all did mainly randoms and non-flyover 4-way blocks. It should be much easier to do all the blocks at Skyventure Montreal, with it being 14-foot, curved cylindrical plexiglass and only one entry/exit door.

Any 4-way buddies want to go regularly monthly, at 1 or 2 hours per month? At only $200 per hour (sharing the cost of the chamber), it's a good evening trip to do Friday evenings, even if it's raining or snowing. I got interest, just need enough to fill a complete 4-way team willing to go at least once a month for an hour of getting 60 skydives equivalent for cheap...