pr0ject42

Its about time...

...that I bragged about my kid.

I've watched Ellie go from being a timid 11 year old terrified step foot on the net in Eloy to a confident 14 year old turning a 37 point round at the World Challenge. She has never ceased to amaze me with her style, grace and calmness. Her maturity in the tunnel is parallel to her maturity outside of the tunnel and through that she has taught me a lot about myself.

So in return I decided to put together a clip that documents her evolution in the tunnel. It is not THE best stuff that she has done, but more clips that show where she was at a certain point in time. You can view that here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9-y082ppUA

This (while it isn't much) is also a thank you to all of the people who have coached her through the years. You'll most likely see yourselves in the video. The owners, staff and management at Skyventure Colorado, Jason Russel, Bar-Brad, Derek V., Gary and Emma (!!), Steve Curtis and Jason Peters, Mick and Ray (her first instructor) are all of the ones that come immediately to mind (I know I've forgotten a lot, but I have been kicked in the head a few times). Thank you for being good coaches at that.

Finally, since this is already sappy enough, this is a video of our meet in Bedford this year. That place is awesome! Thank you to John for flying for Emma while her back healed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoVyXrhn6ag

Very nice flying.... you must be very proud. SV Colorado is a great place that i dont get to visit enought. They have the best staff. How many hours does she have???? That is how i want to fly when i grow up!!!:D:D:D

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Dood, I don't know. Around a 100? +- 30, I'd say that is a safe bet.

I told her to keep a log book once she started doing it a lot, but good luck getting a 12 year old to do paperwork. Heck I am super lazy about logging jumps, so I don't have a leg to stand on.

Ellie was an excellent student. She was always very humble and open to instruction. Her skills progressed faster than any of the other kids she grew up flying with. I cant wait to see where her talent will take her. She's a wonderful young lady that will always be welcome to jump in for a jam session with any of us at SVC. Keep up the good work Ellie, YOU ROCK!

-Matt

Hell yeah I'm proud!

But it has always been a big deal between us as her 'rents that she does it because she wants to. Its pretty easy (especially for me) to get a little too pumped with visions of a world champion and wanting her to have what I want. The reality is, what would all of that mean if she wasn't digging it while she was doing it?

But I got lucky and we've got another season planned. Bedford is out due to other commitments of our teammates, but we'll be doing something. The Gauntlet for sure!

The funny thing about this video of her progression is that her initial reaction to it was embarrassment. Aaah to be a teenage girl. I still dig watching it!