DuncanSalmon

Can I do an AFF in 8 days?

Should be no problem if the weather's good. Where were you thinking of going? I've known people finish AFF in 2 days!
A word of warning - if you're planning on jumping in the UK afterwards, USPA A-licences SHOULD be recognised by BPA drop zones, but some get a bit funny sometimes. Best to check with your UK dropzone before you go.
USPA-style AFF consists of (I think) 7 levels, whereas in the BPA it's 8 levels, and in addition you need ten 'consolidation jumps' after completing AFF before you can apply for your A license. UK DZs sometimes get funny about people coming back with just the 7 levels completed.
Alternatively, it may be worth doing your AFF in the states with BPA instructors.
Try asking for advice on uk.rec.skydiving
Cheers
Geoff

it depends on the size of the dz u r doing to
at my dz students stay at the dz the whole weekend and finish the course in one weekend and they pay for the course in advance, not like in AFF that u pay for each level.
it is and IAD course that contains 8 levels, but i don't think it will be any different then AFF
if u have the money i think u can finish it in one weekend
Free Skies,
Omri A-38593 :S

If the weather is good, and you don't have to repeat too many times, and the dz can get you up in the air that much, then yes, should be no problem. Probably be a good idea to call the dz ahead of time and let them know what your time schedule is, etc. and find out if they can accomodate you.
The biggest problem with getting AFF done is the wind. You can't go up if the winds are gusting over 14mph. I spent several days at the dz watching the tandems go up but not being able to do a single jump because the wind was at 15mph.
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

We have people from the UK here all the time.(sebastian) we actualy had 10 guys from the royal marines who finished AFF in three days and finished there ten consol jumps in another 4 days. we have great weather in autumn too. Wait a second, we have great weather year round...
Marc

Tell the DZ your schedule ahead of time, then it should be possible to complete the program easily in one week.
The first day plan on doing all the ground school and your first jump. After that, plan on doing 2, 3 or even 4 jumps per day. Once you have graduated AFF, hook up with a Skydive University Coach and do as many jumps per day as you can handle with the goal of earning you USPA A License before returning home.
Whether you can maintain this pace depends upon how well rested and physically fit you at the start of your vacation. It also depends upon how well you handle stress. If you are the sort of person who can learn from your mistakes and move on, then you will easily complete all those jumps in one week.
Good luck, and remember: the more you relax, the smoother you skydive.