numm3r

I’ve hit a wall.

Figuratively and literally. I think I have hours trying to sit in the tunnel. I’m off the net for 10 seconds then back on it. It’s soo frustrating! I can’t seem to get my chin back and my feet forward. Any ideas to make me do it?

Not seen you fly so its hard to be accurate. if you know how to transition from yr back to a sit and sit to yr back it helps to keep you off the net all the time, fly on yr back....pop up into yr sit then as you sink transition onto yr back again so keeping you off the net. it means yr also practicing yr back flying half the time yr in the tunnel rather than being in a sit position standing on the net if that makes sense.

i guess it also depends on what tunnel you fly in. ie: wind power...

try learning a cpl of different things too share the love so to speak then go back to sit flying, its all about time....;)

I went through the EXACT same thing. I was so frustrated and was almost ready to give up on learning to freefly. In a last stitch effort, I went back to backflying. I backflew for a few more hours and got REALLY good at it. I got to the point that I understood exactly what every movement did in my backfly and I could safely backfly with MANY people in the tunnel. Then I went back to sitflying. It was like a lightbulb had gone off in my muscles. I didn't have to think about anything....my body just did what it was supposed to. I am an EXTREMELY slow learner in the tunnel. I feel your pain....I am by no means a proficient tunnel flyer, but having gone through what you are going through now, I suggest going back to back flying until you are REALLY good and proficient at it. Best of luck.....if you are gonna be at XP sometime, I would love to fly with you.
jenn
Tunnel Junkie Since November 2005! ;o)~
TPM #46
Paraclete XP TPM Delegate

From FreefallJenn

I backflew for a few more hours and got REALLY good at it. I got to the point that I understood exactly what every movement did in my backfly and I could safely backfly with MANY people in the tunnel. Then I went back to sitflying. It was like a lightbulb had gone off in my muscles.

In case the original poster was wondering what might have aided in triggering the 'lightbulb' moment....

The body position of back flying is essentially the same as that of a sit fly, just in a upright orientation. Getting more functional on your back will translate to your sit well because you will have more muscle memory of a good body position and just more time in the air in general (among many other factors).
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

That had far less to do with me and WAY more to do with the time you put in, your hard work to improve, and you flying more frequently ;):P

It's all you girl! You work hard, you do your homework, and you succeed (regardless of how speedy it may come, lord knows I'm just as slow lol)!

Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

Thanks for the advice guys, I flew on my back for 10 min then tried to sit I Finally popped off the net and stayed there for one session. I'm still going to work on back flying, it made me way more comfortable. I don't know if I have strength and endurance issues or what but after a few minutes of trying to sit i just get progressively worse .

I can’t seem to get my chin back and my feet forward. Any ideas to make me do it?

Can't or don't? Can you get your chin back when you are out of the tunnel? Sounds psychological. It's like the Yogi Berra story when Ken Boswell says to Yogi, "I'm in a rut, I can't break the habit of swinging down at the ball." and Yogi says, "Then swing up."

Swing up.

If you have yourself conned into believing you can't do it, I suggest you hire a coach who will hit you in the face every time you put your chin down (picture rubber gloves and an interrogation room). You'll be amazed how quickly you break the habit.

Hope this helps.