ockers

Looking for tunnel time - coming from Oz

Look at the exchange rates at the time. The weak US dollar is a big incentive to come to the States.

Few questions, any previous tunnel time? If so how far did you get through the IBA progression?
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

With no previous tunnel time be prepared to spend a hour or more showing your belly then back then sit skills. You'll have to be cleared to fly HD in the tunnel and its not as fast as doing it in the sky is to learn. I walked in to the Orlando tunnel thinking I would be able to start my HD after an hour, at that point I was just starting to fly my sit correctly even after hundreds of skydives flying heads up.

Have fun, its the best money I've spent to learn to fly better. :)

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Malaysia is a lot of fun for freeflying for smaller people (70kg or less, I weigh about 70kg). I have done 10 hours in the tunnel in Malaysia. Working on back, belly, and extremely slow maxed out sit and it was a blast. and considering it cost about US$300 per hour it was definately worth while for refining slow speed positions. learning to fly on back, belly and sit at the same speed has done wonders in the sky.

But if you are not able to fly at such slow speeds, then the malaysia tunnel is only going to be frustating.

The Malaysia tunnel does not enforce the IBA progression, and none of the tunnel instructors are skydivers. They pretty much let you do what ever you want in there. Which is fine if you already have tunnel experience. But not good if it is your first time. You also wont get coaches in Malaysia, and I think its essential to have a good coach in the tunnel to make the most of your time, at least for the first 10 hours.

I have also done 18 hours in the US ( Arizona, Perris, SF Bay). Arizona is by far my favorite. The air is smooth and powerful. and the tunnel is gigantic. The coaches are awesome there as well. They are strict on the IBA progression which is really good.

I highly recommend you go to the US and get some good coaching there. And the tunnels are more powerful for freeflying at freefly speeds.

Its worth going to the Malaysia tunnel at a later stage to play around.