Allballs

Whos your favorite tunnel flyer?

I was at XP this last weekend doing 4 way scrambles and watching the record attempts so of course all the tunnel gods from all over the place were there.
I just wondered who you PERSONALLY favor as a flyer??
After this past weekend mine would be Ray Kubak from AZ ,This guy is sick ,and a totally different style completely my second place would have to go to Brett ???? this boy could flip and twist so fast that you would not believe it unless you saw it for yourself.
So who has your vote?

Geez. There are so many. I love to watch Justin and Kayla fly. I love to watch Keith Kimbrough and John Suiter fly at AAC. I love to watch Joe, Mick, Derek, Earl, Plamer, Samer, Rick, Selwyn, and Pun fly. I also love to watch Ari fly, and Paige as well. Ok, I think that is a long enough list. They are all my favorites and I am sure that I am forgetting a handful too!
jenn
Tunnel Junkie Since November 2005! ;o)~
TPM #46
Paraclete XP TPM Delegate

Here is my list for the guys and girls.

1st .... Plamer (Scott palmer)
2nd..... Joel Tambor
3rd....... Fabian
4th........ Carlos
5th........ jason peters

For the Girls, I only know a few.
1st... Julianna not sure if she is still flying
2nd... Kayla Tinucci cool kid
3rd... Kim werthingtin for head up stuff she doesnt fly head down yet.
4th... Page is pretty good

You guys are nuts.

My favorites, in order:
1 - my daughter
2 - my wife
3 - anyone I'm working with while in there
4 - myself
5 - my teammates
6 - any coaches I've been in there with

now if you are talking about who's skilled, or a good flyer to emulate? that's a different list

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I cannot possibly make any meaningful commentary in this thread by naming names. There are so many amazing flyers that I just love to watch, but I have to admit that the ones I really get entranced by are often the first-time flyers who have that hopelessly goofy grin on their face, a little drool splashed up on their goggles, a lot of swimming going on with their arms and legs, and a look of SHEER JOY that nothing can replace. Come to think of it, most of that probably still describes the way *I* look in the tunnel! :D It's like watching someone fall in love--and often times, that's exactly what's happening. I should know; it happened to me!

Oh, my. Just re-read that. I don't know which is worse: the fact that it's so terribly sappy or the fact that I meant every word.

TPM Sister #102

Good! I'm glad I'm not alone. I still sit down on the bench and watch them fly once in a while. The comments of all the other observers are AWESOME (even when they're . . . "misguided" about what's going on and how it's done). The people who are flying are even better. You would think I'd get tired of it, but I don't!
TPM Sister #102

im the worst speller in the world and this is a long post so sorry,,,I've been flying in wind tunnels for 11 yrs. and have flown endless hours learning, teaching and watching people progress in amazement. I have to say, my favorite flyers are the ones who know how to have fun, know they are good, know that there is more to learn, and are humble yet confident in thier abilities. I pic john suiter, john pinyon, robbie roberts, k2, brett and tara adams, busha, shane tully, joe winters, carlos erubie, dave mcman, joao, fabian, babylon, tony spatoro, tim best, mick nuttall, plamer, bubbels, pun, team future brats...opps kids.:ph34r: derek, will speed, randy, Axel, mike swanson, rook, jason peters, my current staff at svaz , cronicals 3 and anyone else i might have over looked. you all kick ass and are my number one pick.
-ray kubiak
remember....
"dont hate the player, hate yourself";)

The Team Future kids aren't allowed to have their own profile yet, so they asked me to post for them... They say that their favorite tunnel flyers are their coaches Dan Perry and Brad Cole who are not only fantastic flyers but inspiring teachers as well. Without Brad and Dan they know they would not be where they are today. Kayla and Justin also adore every single instructor at SkyVenture Colorado, everyone who works for SVCO is like family to us and we feel like a part of the family. All of the instructors there have helped bring the kids up as flyers and they kids idolize each and every one of them. Of course, they also wanted to make sure that I mentioned Ray Kubiak and Jason Peters. Team Future thinks you two are awesome and they can't wait to visit you guys very soon and learn some more new tricks. Justin always says "Jason and Ray are Decade Spent and we are Decade to Go" . Derek V. from Colorado is also one of their idols-- awesome flyer and a great person as well. They also asked us to mention Selwyn from North Carolina (are you working on the toilet bowl?). Craig Girard is also one of their hereos. They love visiting Arizona and getting the chance to see Craig as well.

Just a note from mom-- every time these kids experience an obstacle or have trouble with a new move, it just motivates them to learn more and keep improving. They think you guys are all "Tunnel Gods" and have loved getting to know you! OK Jewels-- do we win the sappy award now?;)

I like to watch myself on video after I'm done flying. I mean really.......I just love watching how much I suck in the tunnel for hours on end. And so does my family. No Really it only takes them about 30 sec to completely vacate the living room.

It will be even more fun in a couple years when I still suck, only less. To watch where I came from. You know like watching your old AFF Tapes on VHS.

I agree with others on this thread there are so many talented folks in the tunnel. I enjoy watching and learning from them all.

LOL

Okay, you can hold your own in the sappiness department! But it doesn't really count--the kids are ALLOWED to be sappy. They just love everybody and well they should! They have that cute factor that makes "sappy" perfectly reasonable. Coming from me, though, it just sounds . . . ah, well, too bad! It is what it is. ;)

And yes, of course, I love all our SVCO instructors too, and I'd be THRILLED to fly as well as any of them do. They are great to watch.

TPM Sister #102

I like to watch myself on video after I'm done flying. I mean really.......I just love watching how much I suck in the tunnel for hours on end. And so does my family. No Really it only takes them about 30 sec to completely vacate the living room.

It will be even more fun in a couple years when I still suck, only less.

HEY, we must have the same DVD!!! :)
TPM Sister #102