kirkverner

Paraclete XP Go Big Challenge

The first day of the Paraclete XP Go Big Challenge just wrapped up. The goal of this event is to push the limits of vertical sequential flying. Paraclete XP invited the worlds top VFS flyers to come and build a world record static head down formation in our monster tunnel. The groups started with 4 way sequential and finished the day with the largest indoor formation to date. The group will start tomorrow with more sequential and work towards an indoor head down world record. Paraclete XP owners Tim and Colleen D'Annunzio have completely sponsored this event to make sure that the athletes can focus on getting a connected performance. Photos and more information on the event will follow tomorrow.

ParacleteXP

Day two is half way over and the team built a 20 way head down record formation in the XP monster. Right after the completed record several more records were set. An all female head down indoor record, an all female sitfly record, and an under 16 kid's world record. Kayla Tunucci from Team Future was on all three of the latter records.
We're working on posting pics and videos.

ParacleteXP

Kayla and Justin are AMAZING freeflyers! It was very humbling watching those two fly like they were born to it. Very, VERY cool to watch. :)

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Thanks so much to Tim and Colleen and XP for sponsoring the records attempts and SUCCESSES! As always, it was such a fun filled weekend and so much fun to watch. I had so much fun participating in the all female indoor sit fly record and I know that everyone else involved did as well. XP ROCKS!
jenn
Tunnel Junkie Since November 2005! ;o)~
TPM #46
Paraclete XP TPM Delegate

Super duper awesome congrats are due to the boys who managed the HUGE record attempts (and successes) in the tunnel. It was amazing to watch but I'll admit ;), it was even more fun to participate in the ladies record!

I was so proud of all the ladies in the record. We had such a wide range of skill levels from someone just learning to sit fly the night before, to sit flying queens lol! We got in there, made a round and flew that sucker! What a great time.

Special thanks to XP staff, Kirk, Tim, and Colleen for allowing us to attempt to break/set world records! I am very thankful for an awesome weekend :)

Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

What a great weekend to have a tunnel camp at Paraclete. Our camp with the guys from Mandrin was awesome (I got to work on some assisted headdown) and all the people in our group had a great time! We were flying the night owl slots (we ended at 3 on saturday night/sunday morning) but still, everyone learned a lot and loved the tunnel and dave, kyle and mike were still going strong even after flying all day!

I snapped some pics through the glass of some people flying.

Some more pics can be seen at: clicky(it has some other pictures from my trip too but you can ignore those)

Those kids on team future are pretty cool. :)

~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Oh man! That was YOU walking around taking pictures? I was by the windows talking with Bob, Kayla and Justin's dad. I should have introduced myself. Oh well, next time.
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC

Oh man! That was YOU walking around taking pictures? I was by the windows talking with Bob, Kayla and Justin's dad. I should have introduced myself. Oh well, next time.

Doh! I missed him too [:/] Next time we'll all have to share a few beverages and celebrate eveyrone's amazing flying :P
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I thought there might have been a few faces from here visiting us, but I hate to barge in and introduce myself when everyone's in focused mode. :$

I promise to be more intrusive next time. :P

I thought there might have been a few faces from here visiting us, but I hate to barge in and introduce myself when everyone's in focused mode. :$

I promise to be more intrusive next time. :P

I'm sure I'll be back. I am already thinking about how I can afford to head back that way.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

seems like it was hell of weekend! lots of fun!
thanks for sharing the pictures!

seeing those kids in the middle of big guys and gals.. is inspiring!

way to go! congrats for the event!
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Huge thanks to Tim, Colleen, Kirk, the Hybrid XP guys, the staff and everyone else for making this happen. When I first started tunnel flying, I never imagined that I'd be part of a 20 way HD formation. This was by far one of the best weekends I've ever had at a wind tunnel and I'm very thankful to have been a part of it all. You guys let me know any time you're having an event like this again and I'll be there for sure! You guys rock!! :)

Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

In response to an inquiry:

ALL FEMALE HEAD DOWN WORLD RECORD
Roberta Mancino
Kimberley Worthington
Kayla Tinucci
Melanie Johnson

ALL FEMALE SITFLY WORLD RECORD
Roberta Mancino
Kimberley Worthington
Kayla Tinucci
Melanie Johnson
Lisa Schieffer
Paige Rudolph
Jenn Butt
Nancy Koreen
Wendy David
Celeste Campo
Sarah D'Annunzio
Jadyn Verner

UNDER 16 KIDS SIT FLY WORLD RECORD
Alex Verner
Joshua D'Annunzio
Justin Tinucci
Kayla Tinucci
Sarah D'Annunzio
Jadyn Verner

AND Kayla Tinucci had the honor of flying in all three records.
jenn
Tunnel Junkie Since November 2005! ;o)~
TPM #46
Paraclete XP TPM Delegate