chuckakers

tunnel kids on the nightly news

I posted it here this morning that they would be in and ill be damned if i missed it.
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=3113438;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread

Its great they have been coaching Justin to speak better during the interviews, It has made a major difference since his first time 8 months ago.

If you ever get to meet these kids you would be impressed as I am, not just with their flying skills but in general.

Awesome kids!!

Nicely done report!:)

Yep, I think they presented it pretty well! I am quite impressed by these kids. I sure can't do that stuff! At least I get to escape wisconsin this weekend to go do an hour at XP.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

You should have them come ot the 4-way meet on Saturday at XP for the Carolina Skydiving League. Technically it's for a skydiving league, which means they are technically "rookies" - less than 500 jumps or whatever the criteria is now in the CaSL. There are a few 3-person teams looking for rookie 4th!! They could clean house... :)

Hey they would love that. they have zero jumps so they shoudl fall within the rules.

could you hook me up with anyone who needs a fourth? both kids know four way at an amatuer level and woudl love to join in!

I know of a few by-standers who wouldn't have minded being shown up by those two. ;)

Kayla and Justin are wonderful kids who are very polite, VERY intelligent and fun to interact with. Since you, Bob and the kids will be here on Tuesday, they're more than welcome to fly with our bi-weekly goof-off league. B|
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

Hey they would love that. they have zero jumps so they shoudl fall within the rules.

technically yes... morally no..

i did somewhat the same thing with fencing.. having been fencing (and coaching) for nearly 6 years before my first tournament I pretty much slept through the 'beginner' class. Was essentially giving lessons in disengage attack and riposte (when someone actually attacked me)

the only thing that made it interesting at all was i was also fencing in the open class which started half way thru.. running between strips with only the required 2 min break meant I was a tired puppy even at 18..

however it was embarrassing to both me and my coaches that i competed in that level at all.. I wanted to give the medal back at the end (they wouldnt let me) as i was clearly a ringer.

Have them compete at the level they are actually at, not sabotage those who clearly have less flight experience by rigging the field....wherever they place, the achievement will actually mean something to them years later