VanillaSkyGirl

Reasons why I love iFly Hollywood...

1. It's warm inside the tunnel, even when it's freezing cold outside.

2. It may be small, but it's a mighty POWERFUL tunnel.

3. The flyers from SD Elsinore, Perris and various other DZs constantly visit this tunnel. It's like being at a DZ function...at the Universal Citywalk.

4. It's incredibly fun to watch 3 year olds fly. I cannot stop smiling when I see children in there, especially when I'm controlling (the wind).

5. The people visiting iFly Hollywood are on Cloud 9, after flying. It feels so good to share in their happiness.

6. Flying mid-week has never been such an easy option for those living in the L.A. region. How else could one fly, go shopping, grab dinner and a movie and still get home at a decent hour?

7. The iFly Hollywood crew ROCKS. (I'm speaking of my co-workers, not myself, of course!)

There are many more reasons why I love this tunnel, but I'll give others a chance to comment. Has anyone else visited iFly at Universal Citywalk and fallen in love w/ this tunnel? If so, please add to my list...
:)

Haven't been but heard it's off the hook, so far off the hook it's off three other hooks. Tell (an)Drew-dog I(Anthony) says whats up! and hope it's all and everything we thought it would be. The game just reached another level. Keep it goin!

What great vibes! Thanks for posting, and you should definitely visit the tunnel. It's so much fun. :)
To all the shy ones, sending me positive PMs regarding the tunnel...that's what this thread is for! Please post here, instead. Thanks! :$

1000 Bucks per Hour sounds off the hook too....

A bit pricy isn't it?

hrmmm... doubt it, let's see.
(we could fumble with the prices but this is the relative cost vs. time ratio)
$19 = 45sec airtime (freefly)(formation)
$19 = 65sec airtime (belly)

45 / 60 = 3 / 4 | $0.42 / sec = x = $19/(n)
3600sec / 1hr = y
( x ) ( y ) = $1,520 (looks like a deal to me)

65 / 60 = 1 + 1/12 | $0.29 / sec = x = $19/(n)
3600sec / 1hr = y
( x ) ( y ) = $1,052.31 (still cheaper)

the math doesn't lie! ;p

but dude-man, you start thinking like that you stop learning...
truth be told, it's an expensive sport...

simplicity: tunnel smacks the booty (TEARS THAT BOOTY UP!!!) for training purposes but sky teaches you the precious life lessons you won't find on the ground.

Your instructors will steer you in the right directions. S'up to you how much of yourself your willing to invest. I personally think for what's it's worth you should be paying double, but we are all living in a "bush" economy... so don't get yourself down, the prices are considerately modest speaking of which do tunnels get "clean and green" tax relief, benefit, or grant? If not can somebody get on it so we can lower the prices for Acoisa.

TIP your instructors too :) they work very very hard, 120+mph in the sky is just as dangerous as 120+mph on the ground.

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

I meant pricy in comparison to other tunnels.

I've booked some hours in Eloy and I'm paying $900 an hour with coaching!!
Ifly Hollywood $ 975/h off Peak
Skyventure Colorado $ 675/h off peak /$800 peak
Ifly San Francisco $ 720/h
Perris $700/h
Gas to/from Perris $ 15

So basically doing 1 hour in the Perris tunnel will cost me $715 including fuel to the DZ and back( with my small Eco friendly car).
One hour of tunnel time in LA costs $975 thats $250 more per hour!
Spending $250 (12 Jumps) more on something I could get cheaper just an hour's ride away is what I call pricy..

You're so right: the math doesn't lie and dude if you start thinkng like that you'll be broke pretty soon! :P

yah yah, cool....

but that's like hey.. do you wanna party in the valley
or do you's guys want to go swing in the hills...

I suggest two-stepping in long beach... but, yah know. Do what makes you feel right. The tunnels are all fine and established, just very different from each other, specifically Hollywood... it's a win-win. They way hollywood is setup, they are like the bottle-service of the industry except their not profiting from a 2,400% service tax.

universal law of busniess; can't pay, can't play..

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

Hey guys
Hollywood is trying to lower cost for skydivers. Check our website www.iflyhollywood.com we are also trying to get camps and a frequent flyer program so that will be awsome too. We also have block prices between 10am and 11am everyday. For 20 min it is $187.50 That is $9.40 a min who can beat that around the area.