joe399

Good deal? And other ? (ifly hollywood)

ifly Hollywood has a early bird special going on, 20 minutes for $187 and 10 min for 150. 50 bucks extra for a coach. I only live about 30 minutes away. Perris is pretty expensive running at 220 for 15min. and its about an hour away...

Does anyone know the coach's and instructors at ifly? Im a little worried about the experience level.

Speaking of which, I currently have 28 skydives, and I got my A on my 25th. In between my 3/4 aff I did 15 minutes at perris and felt it was worth it. but I also was allowed to skip a level.

If I did another 15-20 in the tunnel what should I work on? I feel like I might just waste my time bellyflying. Should I just save my money, rent gear and jump more and go back later so I can work on backflying and etc...?

Thanks

I currently have 28 skydives....I feel like I might just waste my time bellyflying.

Odd, I have 1800+ jumps and 30 hours of belly fly tunnel - never feel like I'm wasting my time~

Seriously, tunnel is an awesome tool to use for improving skydiving skills. Tunnel instructors, as professionals in their discipline, will have plenty of experience, enough to coach you in the earlier stages of skydiving. As you get more experienced and better then you may more require the extra skill levels of other coaches.

I currently have 28 skydives....I feel like I might just waste my time bellyflying.

Odd, I have 1800+ jumps and 30 hours of belly fly tunnel - never feel like I'm wasting my time~

Seriously, tunnel is an awesome tool to use for improving skydiving skills. Tunnel instructors, as professionals in their discipline, will have plenty of experience, enough to coach you in the earlier stages of skydiving. As you get more experienced and better then you may more require the extra skill levels of other coaches.

Not so much wasting my time, but im on a budget so I try to make the most out of everything. I brought up the experience thing because its a brand new tunnel. That makes sense though.

Thanks a lot

But several of their instructors are already highly experienced.

I strongly recommend Steve, he posts here as "srusty1234"

My reasoning for drew is because of his growth at SVO.
I have had the pleasure of seeing both Steve and Drew fly while I was in Perris last year. In the spring Drew became a part of our staff at SVO, while at SVO His flying and instructor abilities in the tunnel improved 10 fold. He was already an amazing flier when he got there, but because of all the free fly time he was given, he excelled and became one of our best. If you haven’t seen him fly lately you gotta, he is nasty period.
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

I work at iFly Hollywood. Every instructor has their own style and can teach you so much, if you build a rapport with them. As stated by others, yes, both Drew and Steve are wonderful instructors. Personally, I would try working one session with each one. I have done that myself (worked with various coaches - Airspeed, Gravity, Perris Fury coaches, IFly TIs, etc.), when learning new skills. I have never felt that my money spent on tunnel time was not worth it.

Also, I have spent almost all of my tunnel time learning new skills (prior to working at iFly) to improve my 4-way RW flying. Imo, improving one's bellyflying skills is NOT wasting time, especially not, if you are a new skydiver. The best flyers are strong in all disciplines. Master one, if you'd like, but try to be proficient in as much as possible.

I work at iFly Hollywood.

Well then I probably saw you today!. I did a 20min session today, I was the kid with all the motorcycle gear around 12:40. I worked with Drew (Thanks for the recommendation Bowen) Hes a great instructor. he really knows how to talk you through the maneuvers and he can fly like a mad man!

I told him my long term goal was freeflying. I worked about 5 minutes bellyflying showing him a I was in control and then we moved to back flying. As hard as it was drew told me I was doing great and kept telling me what to do. By the end of the session I felt pretty good and ready for another 20 minutes (and another paycheck..damn that rent)

Every instructor has their own style and can teach you so much, if you build a rapport with them. As stated by others, yes, both Drew and Steve are wonderful instructors. Personally, I would try working one session with each one. I have done that myself (worked with various coaches - Airspeed, Gravity, Perris Fury coaches, IFly TIs, etc.), when learning new skills. I have never felt that my money spent on tunnel time was not worth it.

Also, I have spent almost all of my tunnel time learning new skills (prior to working at iFly) to improve my 4-way RW flying. Imo, improving one's bellyflying skills is NOT wasting time, especially not, if you are a new skydiver. The best flyers are strong in all disciplines. Master one, if you'd like, but try to be proficient in as much as possible.

Thanks for the info. another long term goal is, like stated, is to be a master in all disciplines. I totally agree with you about working with new people. I use to race amature motocross, and one of the BEST things you could do, is ride every style, both outdoors and supercross style. Again, I didn't really mean wasted my time, Its just I try to spend what little money I have on the best possible situation to make it most valuable

The tunnel is great! Very smooth and QUITE on the outside. Plus its in a great location! Perris has some serious competition, even is ifly is a little small the prices are great!

Thanks again everyone

Well
Yes the experience at the iflyhollywood is amazing. We just like other tunnels out there we can teach you to become a pro flyer. see www.tunnelflight.com if you dont know what that is. All but 2 of the instructors are skydivers so we all know how to teach skydiving skills. Look our for tunnel league's and our fist compitition coming in january.