madhatter

How long is TOO long?

Yea, You'd probably not want to do ten uninterrupted minutes. But if you share a 20 minute block with someone you'll do better.
You'll still be sore but if you're athletic at all you should be able to make it through.

Talk the the instructors.
If you go in with a few other people the rest period will help you figure out WTF your doing wrong and it should help your muscles relax.
My photos

My Videos

Generally, you want to share the time with other people so you can all rotate who is flying in the tunnel. You can split a half hour between two people or an hour between 3 or 4 people. This will give you time to rest your body inbetween sessions as well as debrief and brief.

My recommendation is to call the tunnel where you are planning on flying and ask them who the established coaches are. Get in touch with a coach and let them know what you'd like to do.

Have fun! :)

Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

my 1st time in the wind tunnel (Orlando), I shared 1 hr with a friend.
2 minutes blocks...we had 30 minutes, a break and 30 more minutes.

I could stay there for at least a couple of hours more.

after that I went to Deland and made some jumps.

my lower back got just a bit sore the next day, but it was not a big deal at all.

have fun!:)

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

my 1st time in the wind tunnel (Orlando), I shared 1 hr with a friend.
2 minutes blocks...we had 30 minutes, a break and 30 more minutes.

I could stay there for at least a couple of hours more.

after that I went to Deland and made some jumps.

my lower back got just a bit sore the next day, but it was not a big deal at all.

have fun!:)

That is right if he is planning to do belly or back flying. If he is going to freefly there for a first time and at slow speeds. He would not be able to make more then 10. Spacialy if he is 200 pounds club ;)
I'll see you when I see you and if I don't see you.........Hell with you.

I did 1.0 hours in the tunnel -- VERY VERY SORE
(2 minute rotations in 15 minute periods spread over 30 minutes, then 1 hour of rest apart)

Recently, I did almost 1.5 hours in the tunnel -- NO PROBLEM.
(I did it much more frequently, although I started out very slowly early in the day)

You have to begin exercises (bike to work) and/or stretch exercises everyday. Get yourself a little sore well in advance. Let body recover for 3 days, then resume exercises. I only needed 2 weeks of about 30-minutes-every-other-day exercises to get into "tunnel shape" for almost 1.5 hours of tunnel time in just one day. My tunnel time was last Saturday and I'm not even sore today. (I was only slightly sore the day after)

PS: It was my first 4-way in the tunnel!!!

I'm planning on doing my first tunnel time soon.

I've been told that it's impractical & too tiring to fly for more than 10 minutes at a time.

Any advice?

One hour split two ways is too much.

One hour split 3-4 ways is perfect.

Rotating in for 2-2.5 minutes at a time is good.