LucFace

How much do Tunnel intructors make?

not much, 8-11 starting

but you get tunnel time to improve your skills, and than after some time when you get good you could coach privately and make some money that way
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

NOT ENOUGH.

Are you implying that all the tunnel owners have illegally established some type of conspiracy to reduce the pay from what the hiring market would naturally produce for this type of role?:P

edit: I know, I know, it's just a harmless comment that you absolutely appreciate your instructors - it's a nice thing to say

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Are you implying that all the tunnel owners have illegally established some type of conspiracy to reduce the pay from what the hiring market would naturally produce for this type of role?:P

Thats exactly what weve done... but I never thought anyone would figure it out! .. DAMN! lol

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Thats exactly what weve done... but I never thought anyone would figure it out! .. DAMN! lol

actually, "fair pay" is most non-biased-ly defined as what one can get on the open market in an equivalent type of role.

So - what's an 'equivalent' job to tunnel rat?

Then add in 1 on 1 training when hired as a personal coach - better money there, but not consistent.

Maybe a cross between life-guard and personal trainer? (that's pretty good money actually)

and then for individual coaching, it's obviously comparable to a tennis-pro or sports-pro in terms of equivalent role for assessing income or rates

I'm sure someone has a better analogy, but it's a pretty cool job with some 'real' responsibilities - especially in the attendant role where people could really get hurt without them.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You should go to the individual tunnel websites, most of them have a way to submit an application.

so far ive called and talked to Laurie, the owner in NH and left a a message with some one in San Fran. New Hampshire is full up for now and i dont know about SF yet

edit: I know, I know, it's just a harmless comment that you absolutely appreciate your instructors - it's a nice thing to say

Too true! It's hard work, a hard schedule, and a lot of physical wear and tear. I love our owners here in Denver so I'm not pointing fingers at anyone but it's like a lot of jobs--it just doesn't necessarily pay the real value of the service, like teaching. :)
TPM Sister #102

I'm sure someone has a better analogy, but it's a pretty cool job with some 'real' responsibilities - especially in the attendant role where people could really get hurt without them.

I don't think its necessarily "better" but I've always thought of them as comparable Group & Private Ski Instructors who have also completed the National Ski Patrollers training.