SkymonkeyONE

XP rules the world!

To me “Size” of the tunnel is a people inside of that tunnel and there ability to teach me how to freefly. They ability to make me feel good as a client and as a man. Paraclete XP is the biggest tunnel in the world in regard of those issues. In a 1H of total time I learned that good freeflyer can do miracles in a space 4 times smaller then XP, but even in a biggest one you might not learn anything if Fly boys are not like they in Paraclete. If management is not looking after you and make there business as flexible as possible for you then size does not matter.
I'll see you when I see you and if I don't see you.........Hell with you.

I have been to both Bedford and the XP tunnel and they are the same size as far as I could tell. If one is bigger it's marginally so at best and not enough to make a difference to the flyers.........I really can't believe people are debating over the size of the tunnels, just be glad we have them, it's all good.

It's nice to hear first hand information from someone who has flown in both tunnels! Your experience is just as I had imagined (possible difference beeing very marginal and no noticeable difference sizewise when flying).

I agree that debating over the size is unnecessary. That is why I raised the question... to STOP the debate!

However, I feel people are not debating... just curious. The ones debating are the tunnels! (by claiming to be bigger than others). To put my question in other form: which tunnel currently has accurate promotional information on their website?

I am glad you have them! I wish we'll get one here as well. Even a bit smaller one. ;)

Peace,
Juri

You guys have a tremendously-tallented staff. I just wonder how you are going to spread out that tallent among the money-paying customers and still get enough hours on the time card.

Again, I was slack-jawed at the show you guys put on in between the sets that I flew when I was there. Amazing shit. I have over 250 hours in the Bragg tunnel, but every single one of you (to include Amish, Droop, and the other new guys) are my superior in EVERY way. Respect, brother..

Chuck Blue
D-12501
AFF/TM,SL-I, PRO, S&TA, BMCI-4
Z-Flock Wingsuit School/Performance Skydiving
Z-Hills, FL

We are not "Superior" to you in any way man!
We will keep ourselves busy developing open lines of communication, and gain a better understanding of our team and its product, pre-briefing and de-briefing, to better serve our paying customers. Trouble shooting our week points, to make our drills safer and more productive. We also will not "bottle" this team in, they will continue to skydive, compete, and coach worldwide.

Yummy! This tunnel is unimaginatively large! And unimaginatively fast! As I was playing around in there, I was thinking about how it would not be unreasonable to have two sets of people in there each doing their own thing without running into one another. The staff is spectacular and everyone is very friendly. My friends and I split 6 hours this past weekend (no, I don't really want to talk about how my body feels right now). Having the space and the speed makes fantastic coaching even more effective. As I sit here typing this, I am thinking of ways to come up with the money to go fly again. I had been flying mostly at SkyVenture Orlando and AAC until this point, but I think it might be time to change my "home" tunnel.
Also, BIG props to Mick for helping me to comfortably get to a point in the tunnel that I thought was dozens of hours away. His abilities to read a student and give the exact coaching they need are uncanny. He knows how to push students just far enough that they feel comfortable, but are doing things that they didn't know they could. And, he is super enthusiastic and genuinely elated when he sees how happy his students are learning new skills.
Thanks Paraclete XP, Mick and Kim for coaching our group this weekend and Lisa for kidnapping me and taking me to the tunnel.
jenn
Tunnel Junkie Since November 2005! ;o)~
TPM #46
Paraclete XP TPM Delegate

I want to double tap everything that Chuck said about the tunnel and staff, I just spent an hour in there today and that tunnel is amazing. Cleanest tunnel I have ever flown in and the air is perfectly consistent. There's no drop off near the walls or door and it's fast as hell. I was turning points with John, Tim, and Samer and couldn't be happier with that tunnel.

It was also a very humbling experience getting to walk into the building and be standing in the same room as Shannon, Kirk, Doug, John(Hoover and Hart), Thomas, Evolution, etc. etc. I've never been near so much talent in one place at one time. Getting to spend a few minutes chatting with them and then watching Knight Traxx fly was just icing on the cake. I'll definitely be back in the near future.

And just to add, my flying after not being int he air for a year in comparison to the rest of the people in that room made it all that more easy to be humble. and for those of you that know me I'm sure you'll agree that's a pretty big accomplishment:P

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Went to the tunnel today and, just want to highlight that I had a most execellent time in the tunnel today!:)
I look forward to continuing "schooling" with EVERYONE there at SV-PXP.

:)

Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Dan, wasn't that tunnel totally awesome?!!!

Again, a HUGE thanks to all for everything, especially to Chris, Will and Plammer for putting up with me imporsonating a turtle out of conrol on it's back.... Hey, you were good enough to get me to fly my first RW point on my back!!!!!

Have a wonderful Xmas.

Liz

We just finished what I'd like to call "Tekken Tunnel League", but will most likely be called by a different moniker, and we had a BLAST! There were six 4-way-plus-stinger teams ranging from "fun to watch" to "kick-freakin-ass", and everyone left with a smile. Thanks to Tim, John, Kirk, T-Thack and all of the teams and observers for a great time! I can't wait to do this again. :)
Keep an eye on ParacleteXP's website, as well as Sonicbeef's website for future installments. We'd love to see you out here. B|

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

According to a few reliable sources, we were the most entertaining team to watch...mostly because of our penchant for dogpiling on YOU. :P

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.