SkymonkeyONE

XP rules the world!

Raeford is nothing less than bad ass and you're right... The staff are some skilled flyers. I don't know what that one guys name was, but I've never seen some shit like that ever in my life. He was popping up and down in the tunnel like he was on a bungee cord and spinning head-down on a perfectly still axis. Then when he came flying down the tunnel with his back to the door and landed outside of the door I thought, yea I've seen it all now.

Props to that guy. That was some crazy shit.

The facility is nice. Being an I.T. guy for about 15 years I was surprised as hell when we left the tunnel and went to debrief and our video was right there on file waiting for us with a large LCD screen. I know how hard it is to consistently make something like that work and do it well. The only thing I could possibly think they could improve on is the DVD recording process. I'm sure they will get that down and streamlined soon though.

To Kirk: I was down this past Saturday with Louis' group. I'm thinking about bringing an external hard drive next time I'm at the tunnel and copying our videos over to the drive. I think you get a much better angle from that camera opposed to the low angle camera. If it's fine for me to do that, that would be awesome, because I would rather have the video files than the DVD so I can just pop them into Premiere when I get home and edit them. I know the files are way too large to burn to a DVD.

If you guys ever need some "free" I.T. work or video editing or anything of that sort that we can trade for tunnel time. Let me know. :D

Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

The facility is nice. Being an I.T. guy for about 15 years I was surprised as hell when we left the tunnel and went to debrief and our video was right there on file waiting for us with a large LCD screen. I know how hard it is to consistently make something like that work and do it well.

Thanks! :-)

The only thing I could possibly think they could improve on is the DVD recording process. I'm sure they will get that down and streamlined soon though.

True, we have some plans to make that better soon.

I'm thinking about bringing an external hard drive next time I'm at the tunnel and copying our videos over to the drive.

Feel free to do that, get with me and I can show you how next time you are here. Plugging directly into the video server will be a little faster than pulling it over the network.

Matt

Feel free to do that, get with me and I can show you how next time you are here. Plugging directly into the video server will be a little faster than pulling it over the network.

Awesome! Thanks. Good idea. I wasn't sure the server would be in an area where it was easily accessible to do that. Or if you guys would allow it. I could understand if anyone didn't want me to do that for fear of an infection.

Did I meet you this past weekend? I didn't really catch anyones name. I'm not sure who you are. I guess I'll just ask for Matt. :P

I ordered an external drive and tried to make sure I got one that Vista would have drivers for to make it a lot easier. I prefer not to have to install any drivers on the computers up there if possible. Hopefully that is how it works out.

If they haven't been deleted yet, can you keep the files from Saturday so we can get a copy of our tunnel videos this weekend? We should be there. I'm just not 100% sure yet. I'm waiting on word from Louis.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

They flew really low wind speed, an you can get a lot of STYLE out of that, and these guys were, they really know that wind!! I like that "First Generation" STYLE. This one dude had a protect, with a chin protector, he wore sweat shirt and baggy pants. I knew he was fittin-ta "lay it down"!!!!

I think there is going to be a "Style" lost with the high speed tunnels. [:/]

Don't get me wrong, they are a great thing, but learning to fly on "not enough wind" REALLY stretches the abilities.:)

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

We have all had the best time flying around with the people here and the kids have really enjoyed meeting the XP Kids this weekend! It has been awesome and we can't wait to come back! Thanks so much for everything Tim, Kirk and everyone else at XP! This has been one of the best weekends ever (and it's not over yet!). This tunnel is AWESOME!

Team Future was amazing to watch. The tunnel looked even bigger with them in there.
Thanks to Mick and Plamer for helping me some more with my HD. I had a blast. I don't know when I will have the $$$ to come back, but hopefully it will be sooner rather than later.
Thanks to Paige for coming up to celebrate my birthday with me!!
Thanks to Jadyn and Lisa for being my first TPM inductees!!!
What a rockin' weekend.
jenn
Tunnel Junkie Since November 2005! ;o)~
TPM #46
Paraclete XP TPM Delegate

I finally got my chance at this marvel and WOW is right!

I was there for a related business trip and the Producer and Director asked if we could get in too. I drug along my helmet and RW suit just in case (OK I was going even if I had to walk back to the hotel afterwards):P.

I have a little time in 4 other tunnles (35~ hours) and must say XP is #1 and well worth it!

Thanks Kirk, Andy and the whole staff!
(Sorry I don't recall all your names! I turned 40 the day I was there and I think I got the memory desease thingy, what is it called? crap I forget;))
Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!