wckai

Advice for 2nd time?

Greetings all,
I am hopefully going for my 2nd tunnel escapade later this week and I am wondering would be best for me to work on while there. I finished AFF two weeks ago and did 10min in the tunnel soon thereafter, working on bettering my arch and practice pulls (as I was tending to rotate when reaching back to pull). I have done some solo jumps and 2 coach jumps since then (where I learned how to adjust my fall rate and dock...both of which could definitely use some work, but went well enough for my first attempts), and the initial tunnel time helped immensely.
So for my 2nd time in the tunnel, I am wondering if I should continue to concentrate on the basics: big stable arch, turning without drifting, proper pull position, etc. to get even more comfortable with that as well as improve muscle memory, or if I should try to work on some of the newer things I learned: adjusting fall rate, turning with legs only, stable arch with arms in a good position to dock, etc. I'm thinking that I'm inexperienced enough with these more advanced maneuvers that I might be bouncing off the walls too much in the tunnel to really get a good feel for how things should work, though the tunnel seems an optimal place to practice.
Any suggestions or advice for a newbie?

Thanks!

I just spent 30 min. in the tunnel. Two 15 min. sessions. I told the first instructor that I wanted to work on Mantis position, center point turns, legs turns, side slides, etc. After veiwing the video, I looked like it was my first time in the air. The instructor ran me through the gambit, but only got into the air with me a couple of times.

On the second go around, with a different instructor, we concentrated on the Mantis position, using arm turns, and some nuetral flying exercises. He got into the air with me several times, and was either flying in my face or beside me. Huge difference, and it showed on video.

Unless you are some kind of super athlete who sorts things out quickly, I suggest working on one or two items and getting it committed to muscle memory.

Trying to do too much at one time is just throwing your money away. IMO.