mattmais

Texas Tunnel

the extreme sports park and water park have been put on hold north of austin. (between round rock and cedar park) Not cancelled, put on hold.

I live 5min from the proposed site. Know people on community boards. That's how I hear these things.

the assertion earlier in the thread was that the waterpark and extreme sports park were the same site as the proposed wind tunnel.
--
Rob

On the local news last night they were once again talking about this 'extreme adventure park'
They did mention skydiving like adventure 'rides' but never stated 'wind tunnel'

Little opposition from locals and the city is pushing forward
Location mentioned
corner of FM1431 and Parmer Ln (95 acres)

Joint venture between Schiltterban water park and Volente beach club

Time will tell

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

What area? Austin is the one I remember hearing about the 'adventure park'. Since Texas has one of if not the strongest economy and is getting better then maybe they are feeling a little better about starting. I hope so!:)

Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Schlitterbahn

:Dsnicker>>> Schlitterbahn

Schlitterbahn is a German word meaning "slippery road", which represents the water slides in the water parks. German immigrants were a large segment of the pioneers who settled Texas, and their influence is still seen in such names.

Schlitterbahn

Schlitterbahn is a German word meaning "slippery road", which represents the water slides in the water parks. German immigrants were a large segment of the pioneers who settled Texas, and their influence is still seen in such names.

"gubernatorial" is also a funny word

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Schlitterbahn

"Norm here" thank you Cliff Claven:P;)
I'm not the rope totin charlie Bronson wanna be that's getting us fucking lost.

We are installing a 10 foot wind tunnel at Skydive Temple right now.

Wind speed is about 125, so belly-flying or really slow freeflying only.

Its all here from Florida, and is being assembled right now (the rain slows things down a bit though!) Hopefully it will be open soon!

We are installing a 10 foot wind tunnel at Skydive Temple right now.

Wind speed is about 125, so belly-flying or really slow freeflying only.

Its all here from Florida, and is being assembled right now (the rain slows things down a bit though!) Hopefully it will be open soon!

That's neat -- Is this the actual photo of it being tested in Texas?
http://saladotornado.com/
(Linked from http://skydivetemple.com/ ...)

Just got off the phone with the media guy from Schlitterbauhn. They have purchased a Skyventure tunnel for Cedar Park.

oh hell....

a skyventure tunnel less than 2 miles from my house.

I'm going to love it. My checkbook is going to hate it.
--
Rob

Cedar Park paper announced Friday Schlitterbahn's plans. In phase 1 a skydiving simulator to be open by May 2012.

Well shit, according to the Mayan calendar we'll have about 7 months to enjoy it before we all die. You can't take your money with you! Might as well blow it all when it opens.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Cedar Park paper announced Friday Schlitterbahn's plans. In phase 1 a skydiving simulator to be open by May 2012.

I hope it's going to be a recirculating model. Otherwise I'll be able to hear it in operation from my front door.
--
Rob

Just got off the phone with the media guy from Schlitterbauhn. They have purchased a Skyventure tunnel for Cedar Park.

I'll believe it when I see it. These guys are known in the San Antonio area (nothing to do with tunnels) to talk it up just to see what kind of interest there is.
It would be great to have and i hope it happens but it just doesn't make sense business wise. I'll bet there's a due diligence clause in the contract.