mattmais

Texas Tunnel

Yup, aka the Schlitterbahn people. Aka some where near New Braunfels.

The only other location in Texas that would have half a chance is in Arlington, preferrably off of 360 with in a couple of miles of Six Flags, the Ball Park, Wet-n-Wild (or whatever its called now), the convention center and the airport. All of those things are really close together there and I honestly think that would be the best spot in Texas. Even though its a bit over 3 hours away from me.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Good thinking Dave! Gig 'em! Though thats a five hour drive, but dfw is a major hub too so people would check it out.

The other thought i had was actually having it a a major mall like the galleria bc parents can drop off their kids and be entertained for a bit. So whoever makes millions off that one, i accept free tunnel jumps :)

On a personal note, ITS GREAT TO BE BACK IN TEXAS FOR THANKSGIVING!!!!

It's about time that the European quality in wind tunnel development is breaking ground in Texas. What I learned during my long stay in the US is that everything in Texas is bigger than elswhere.;)

Time for the biggest and fastest wind tunnel in the world. The AIR2TUNNEL D20 HS, a 20 foot based wind tunnel with 360 degree glass flightchamber with a height of minimum 24 feet and speeds above 190 mph.

The only type of wind tunnel that is not only using energy, but also generates energy.

More info at www.air2tunnel.com

See ya!

I heard that the planned location was north of Austin. There was a couple of group's of investers that was trying to put one in Grapvine (close to DFW airport) but they could not get all of the financing. It was suposed to be at the Gravine Mills Mall!
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

It was suposed to be at the Gravine Mills Mall!

Across the street from the Bass Pro Shop, huh? That could go well. I've often found that mixing those two groups may not turn out well.:P

Well, that and that the fans may not be fast enough for your average Bass Pro Shop customer.;)
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

:D:D:D

Yes you are thinking of the correct location. The problem is that malls (that one i now) want a pecentige of gross:S sales. I believe it was 10 % i would have to check my paper work to be sure. It srews up the buis. plan very bad! A better way would be to put it on your own property that you can own some day, but is still close to a major area.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

Nice location, 10% shouldn't be a problem as long as you can offer them something to skip the 10%. AIR2TUNNEL's wind tunnel models are not only the fastest and biggest, but also the most quiet regarding sound polution issues and the only that, not only use our wind tunnels less energy, but they generate energy, which can be sold back to the mall. Energy $$$ for 10%!!!

Just do some serious calculations in the exisiting BP's and you'll find out that the ROI will be profitable!

Good Luck, and if you need info contact us at [email protected]

AIR2TUNNEL's wind tunnel models are not only the fastest and biggest...

Please don't claim for something you haven't built yet. Other tunnel manufacturers have plans or designs for larger tunnels too, but they are professional enough to not shout it out until they have signed contracts for it.

BTW, this is a discussion board, advertising belongs to the classifieds (or maybe PM, if it is a direct proposal).
Advertising here is a bad idea and (hopefully) might not last long...

No.1 reason NOT to be an astronaut: ...You can't drink beer at zero gravity...

Very old topic. I dont think it will ever be built. The pic is a modified pic of Orlando if that gives you an idea of how old this "project" is.

I think its dead in the water.

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

It's about time that the European quality in wind tunnel development is breaking ground in Texas. What I learned during my long stay in the US is that everything in Texas is bigger than elswhere.;)

Time for the biggest and fastest wind tunnel in the world. The AIR2TUNNEL D20 HS, a 20 foot based wind tunnel with 360 degree glass flightchamber with a height of minimum 24 feet and speeds above 190 mph.

The only type of wind tunnel that is not only using energy, but also generates energy.

More info at www.air2tunnel.com

See ya!

What would the operating cost be? What would an hour cost and at what wind speed would you run for that cost?

What are the instructor training methods you use?

-Bowen
Retired Tunnel Instructor, Sky/Tunnel Coach

Former dealer for 2k Composites, Skysystems, Alti-2, Wings

Very old topic. I dont think it will ever be built. The pic is a modified pic of Orlando if that gives you an idea of how old this "project" is.

I think its dead in the water.

-Bowen

which is ashame because I live in the Nasa/Clear Lake area. :(:( Booo!!! I miss me some tunnel!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

In case no one else has seen this. http://www.zerogroom.com/ Looks like Houston. It is listed as a sold tunnel on Skyventure's website also. I don't know how old this information is though.

I would say these guys are out but I certainly wouldn't rule out a tunnel in Houston!;)

I'm sitting in Atlanta right now waiting on a flight to Paraclete XP.
???????????????????????????????????????????????