bbarnhouse

Throw Down The Gauntlet Tunnel Competition

Arizona Airspeed and Arizona Blaze winners of the 2007 Bedford Challenge invite you to BRING IT!

Where: SkyVenture Arizona
When: October 12/13 2007
4 way FS and 2-way VRW
$20,000 in cash prizes
More information coming soon.

The line has been drawn in the sand...

trutunnelrat~
If your statement were true then what must also be true is that the Bedford Challenge was set up for them to win? Sorry doesn't wash.
Thats like saying that the National Champions in any discipline are set up to win because Nationals is held at their DZ. (thats just silly)
There are several talented teams in FS 4-way and in the 2 way event that did not compete at Bedford.
This is about the spirit of competition, about fun, about having an opportunity to display some mad skills and maybe even win some cash in the process.
Additionally, how do you know how it is set up when the format/rules aren't even published?
Very respectfully yours,
B2

I think that the results for our Challenge were too close for anyone to have been a guaranteed winner!
There are alot of awesome flyers out there in both disciplines... so its always open ;)

Also - I think all tunnel flyers / skydivers alike should applaud any facility that is willling to put out this kind of competition and prize money!

Bottom line is it is great for the sport - great for the competitors... and is something that isnt really a revenue generator at all... so nice to see it happening as a 'giving back' from the tunnel

So - in short : Good Job Arizona

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Hey Betsy, could you provide some rules for the meet?

Are you guys going to open up the second door for exits or will there be some other exit policy (for 4-way)?

Also, will the judging be done with the overhead camera currently in the tunnel or will there be real-time judging or will there be a different camera put in? I heard the lighting made judging an intuitive experience at Bedford this year.

What will the entry fees be?

Anything else of interest that potential competitors should know?

OOOoooO OOoo... Betsey, you'll never guess what they made me :).... Anyways, I hope you didn't forget about me ... c u in AZ

-Anthony

P.S. - met this cat in NJ who goes by MonkeyLip... real fond of you. We tried calling you one-night... think we ended up leaving a message. Can't wait to see AZ... heard so much stuff... Congratulations!!!

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

Thaks Julie.

Also a big thank you to everyone at Skyventure Arizona for putting on a fantastic event. Our group from Colorado had a great time. Everyone in Arizona was fantistic, the event was extremely well organized and a lot of fun! We will be back next year (and we will definitely be back to visit before that too...) :)
We will post some of our photos of everyone on the team future website in the next few days, we got lots of good ones!

And a big congrats to Ellie McCoy who took bronze in the 4-way PRO class behind Perris Fury (silver) and Arizona Airspeed (gold). B|

This was Aeon's first meet together (www.onthelineskydiving.com/News.html) and we were all really proud of her for performing so well under meet conditions (we did an 18.2 average). Ellie is only 13 and did a fantastic job alongside the top teams. (Is there something in the water up in Colorado?!)

Great meet and a great event, thanks to Jason and everyone involved :)

All of us at SVO would like to say congrats to all of you that competed in Eloy! Also a very special congrats goes out to Team Future, Ellie, and all of those parents out there who support their kids in this. Having started flying at 10 years old myself, I am so happy to see kids get into the sport and really excel! GREAT JOB KIDS!!! Come and visit Orlando sometime, as we would ALL love to fly with you guys!! Also, our hats are off to you rats in Colorado for showing those kids how to fly!

Results?

4-Way FS PRO
1. Airspeed ~ 261
2. Perris Fury ~ 235
3. Aeon ~182

4-Way FS Open
1. Stratosphere ~ 120
2. Progression ~ 108
3. Team Future ~ 61

2-Way VRW PRO
1.Decade Spent 129.32
2. Solstice ~ 98.31
3. Paraclete ~ 96.65

2-Way VRW OPEN
1. Faaantastic ~ 104.31
2. Team Future ~ 75.65
3. Linx ~ 46.64

Congratulations to all teams that competed in the event!
Next year's event is scheduled to take place the weekend prior to USPA Nationals.

4-Way FS PRO
1. Airspeed
Eliana Rodriguez, Craig Girard, Mark Kirkby, Andy Delk

2. Perris Fury
Chris Favina, Christy Frikken, Joshua Hall, Uli Stune

3. Aeon
Paul Gatling, Emma Beyer, Gary Beyer, Ellie McCoy

4-Way FS Open
1. Stratosphere
Guillermo Gorg, Justo Ibarra, Daition Rebeivo, Mander Dama Scenes

2. Progression
Valerie Whitchurch, Jim Stengell, Andy Hanighbaum, Steve Iverson