zig_zag

owners...???

Howdy Anonymous Poster,

No, they have never been rude to me when I was there, in fact just the opposite.

The owners may have been tired Saturday due to being up late Friday night hosting a fun-filled, very succesfull, fundraiser for our skydiving brother, David Hersey. ( Thanx! SVNH and staff !!! ).

On the other hand, since they have been working 24/7/365 for the last two years, building and running their most excellent tunnel, I've found them quite pleasant even when "running on empty".

In the future, may I suggest, if you have a problem with someone, you deal with them directly, and not in a public forum.

Blueskys!!!

Josh Wolfe (D-5824)

It is always very curious when the following characteristics show themselves all at once:

-Newly registered
-No profile (and therefore posting anonymously)
-One post or several posts only one one subject, usually taking a poke at someone, some place, or something.

It is only fair to give you the benefit of the doubt that:

-You have been lurking for a while as a guest and only registered because you now have something to say.
-You didn't fill out your profile because you didn't think it was important.
-You only have one post because that is all you have to say.

Assuming that is the case, I suggest that you fill out your profile so:

-We know that you are a real person, not an identity just created for a particular agenda
-We might be able to gain a better understanding of where you are coming from with your posts.

Thanks,
Arrive Safely

John

What a cowardly way to take a cheap shot at someone. It seems to me that if you have a problem with the owners, it is something that you should take up with them before posting in a PUBLIC and PERMANENT forum. My experience with the owners was very positive. They were very nice to me and one of them even drew out and explained a diagram to me when I was asking the differences in how SVNH vs a open air tunnel work. The owners are, in fact, just the opposite of rude!
jenn
Tunnel Junkie Since November 2005! ;o)~
TPM #46
Paraclete XP TPM Delegate

SP,

Agreed.

Why can't y'all set it up so that when someone registers that they HAVE TO fill out their profiles?

Of course, that wouldn't stop them from putting in B.S. There's lots of long time posters with obviousl B.S. in their profile... # of Jumps: 99999999... Years in Sport: 99999999... etc.

That bugs me about as much as folks who don't fill out their profile.

I agree also with Jenn. The owners welcomed the Tunnel Pink Mafia with open arms and for that I am grateful. They took us on an indepth tour of their facility before it was even finished. In addition, they were kind enough to show us how much fun it can be to shoot ear plugs up at people while they are flying!

Not only are they fun, amazingly kind, but they are extremely knowledgable business owners.
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

wow guys. maybe the reason why he/she created an anonymous profile is because he/she was afraid this might happen and he/she might not be able to go back to the tunnel at some other time without having an even worse experience than they had the first time they were there. You guys jumped all over this person for having an opinion about a bad experience and you don't even know what the situation is.

My response to you - "zig zag". Judging from what everyone has said so far - sounds like a one time bad experience or a misunderstanding. I've only dealt with the staff (i dont know if they're owners or not) over the phone & via email so far - my tunnel time is scheduled for next week. But I have found them to be very friendly and helpful. I'm sure if you give it another shot with an open mind, you'll have a different experience. Keep in mind you get what you give usually. So if you're friendly and have a willingness to learn & understand, you'll usually get that type of attitude back. Of course, some people are just total pubes and you can't do anything about them.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body"

Assuming that is the case, I suggest that you fill out your profile so:

-We know that you are a real person, not an identity just created for a particular agenda
-We might be able to gain a better understanding of where you are coming from with your posts.

I know people seem to get hung up on the profile not being filled out, but I don't understand why. There's no proof of the veracity of the information posted. And I don't really know how the profile information on jumps and gear would help anyone get a better understanding of the posts regarding tunnel management.

I don't think it was the coolest post to make, but at least he/she was asking a question rather than making a blanket statement.

Still smells of sabotage, but it's hard to say.

There's no proof of the veracity of the information posted.

Not here in the open . . . there are often exchanges of information behind the scenes that reveal more about the poster and their intent.

Moderators have the ability to view IP addresses of those who post in the forums they moderate, which has proved quite handy in these situations (e.g. the Vigil bashing threads in G&R).

Still smells of sabotage

Notice that since his original poke at SVNH he has not replied to any of the reactions here? Hmmm . . .
Arrive Safely

John

SVNH has a nice tunnel and a corner on the market in NE right now, one posters bitching on the internet isn't going to hurt them even a teeny tiny amount.

The OP should grow a set and say something to them if he or she has a problem, but it is a long way from sabotage!
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P