skydiverek

Who has MOST TUNNEL TIME???

Anyone beats this guy? 20,000 hours = 833 days... He had 5,000 hours BEFORE his first skydive...

"Time in air is not so easy for me being in this sport 23 + years
I started flying at the young age of 14 as I have been bless in so many ways, & Lucky to still be here, flying is a way of life for me.

Most people travel walking around 15,000 hrs in a life time.I have spent at least that much time in air possible more, I had spent the first 2 years working at flyaway 14 to 16 hr days as we all wanted to skydive we had to wait till we where 16, as we all had 4 to 5 thousand hrs before our first Jump ,as for most of us we had never even been off the ground. as different as it was it was letting birds go for the fist time out in the wild blue. Natural and aware we where able to jump and dew formations on our first jump.

Oh ya back to time?

Our average it out 1,000 a year for 20 years= 1982 to 2005 = 20,000 give a few years.

I love flying & teaching people something they thought that was not possible taming fears & fulfilling dreams all having fun, as we all have felt the influence of flight & I have been privileged to meet so many in the past that have said, bodyflight has changed their lives forever, what a thing to be a part of. who would of thought we would all be discussing our flying passion & tunnel time.

Just fly it's all good

John

John Suiter
Bodyflight Concepts VWT Sales & Training
View my Bodyflight.net Profile & Logbook"

Hey Paul,
I ran the numbers with him when we did that.. several hundred hours ago.. and it actually falls far short of what we estimated it would be...

That would be about 3 hours EVERY DAY for 20 years... not so likely

Actually try 8+ hours per day for about 18 years solid over the course of 25 or so... 6-7 days per week
:P Instructing and flying of course, which is why we UNDERCUT the total by so much.. to allow for some of that net time.
3 hour days! Do YOUR instructors get 3 hour days?? :P

that is nothing to speak of the 12-16 hour days he worked with Dynasoar. I can imagine how difficult and time consuming it can be to operate a portable tunnel almost alone for a few years on the road as he did...

edited to remove unecessary comments

I think Paul is a REAL nice guy and means no harm. Thing is with those hours, some may be on the sidebody of first timers while at work, in turn adds up! Yet, he is still flying his body and their is no one that has as much Tunnel timet as John. He is the "Father of flight" Thanks. Joe Winters

Hiya,

Please dont missunderstand... not meaning to call anyone a liar... and to be honest I didnt think the estimate had come from John but looked like speculation.

Of course it is hard to guess a figure.... and you and John know better than I what you have done. Like I said... looked like a third party guess.

Its not my intention or desire to enter 'politics' of tunnels... if it were I guess I would not make alot of posts on here at all! lol

Dont mean to offend

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

anyone know who has the 2nd most amoutn of tunnel time?

just curious as i'm sure john is way ahead of whoever is 2nd (i could be wrong)

max
(a humble couple of hours tunnel time) B|

OK, so I'm temporarily 2nd, with around 5 hours :D (until someone beats me)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

eee gads, god no.. not me..I'm still basically a newbie! but thanks for thinkin' of me.

Phil Henderson sure did have alot of time, about the same as John a decade ago... but has been in hiatus for years now.

The recent "tunnel coaching" craze has surely racked helped a great many rack up the flight minutes.
:)