kirkverner

ParacleteXP SkyVenture Update 2

Go easy on Kirk. He's a nice guy and I too wish him a lot of success with the tunnel. I just need to decide to take up RW and make eight other friends with whom I can share that cost! ;)

I'll share the tunnel with you ;)

LOL--See? It's getting better already! :)
TPM Sister #102

Simple mathematics. What you need to look at is cubic feet of usable space. Price based on that gives you a better idea of where we're coming from. You can fly several more individuals at one time, do 8-way team training, do every block in the 4-way pool, run camps while sharing the space with 2 students at a time. Check out Bedfords pricing, 1600USD per hour. Skydiving and Tunnel flying are expensive sports, its a matter of what's important for each individual.

Interesting. I could see individuals doing simultaneous flights with some sorts of flying, such as experienced tunnel flyers doing basic RW coaching, but how do you envision it's going to work with first time flyers/wuffos? How about begining freeflying or those learning head down in the tunnel?

Will there be some sort of barrier system in place to separate flight areas? That could be useful.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

We are running a special right now to buy Flexi Pass hours for 750 USD. Hope to see you here.

Quick note: I will have these $750 1 hour blocks for sale online in a week or two. If you are signed up for our newsletter you will know the very second they are available via our online booking system.

Matt

***Check out Bedfords pricing, 1600USD per hour.

I hate being dragged into these things... but - I have no choice with a line like that!

First things first... if you ignore the currency market and assume you can do a straight pound for dollar comparisson while being fair ... then our prices as Ross said are more like $1050 dollars - to $1200 per hour

However - we operate this price structure while charging the same as a 12ft tunnel less than 30miles away. So probably fairer to include us in a discussion on how we manage to keep our prices the same as smaller facilities in the same marketplace.

We do not charge more for size - or our prices are not high for a UK market.

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

Generally, no. A single spotter is more than capable of keeping the fighting troops apart :P

Normally we only allow it when the students are of reasonable level, and we know and trust the coaches, who generally remain netwalking rather than flying. The coaches understand this, and generally only do it once they've done a bit of one-on-one anyway. It does work out very cost effective I guess.

Any kind of coaching? I could see it for belly, but how about for freeflying?

It interesting to me, both the opportunities of larger facilities, but also the challenges.

Cool stuff, keep it safe.:)

----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I've only ever seen it with RW coaching - typically the Danish/Swedish actually, althugh some of the millitary groups go "mass" coaching too. I think it's a bad idea for freefly personally. I'm sure someone will try it - just not at Bodyflight.

It's always the spotters/instructors final call as to what they'll let happen in there based on their own comfort - for me, two coaches plus two wannabe sit-flyers would be too many (mostly due to the increased windspeed and randomness of travel direction I guess...)

We are running a special right now to buy Flexi Pass hours for 750 USD. Hope to see you here.

Quick note: I will have these $750 1 hour blocks for sale online in a week or two. If you are signed up for our newsletter you will know the very second they are available via our online booking system.

hi Matt,

I am not sure if I'm signed up for the newsletter or not, but I would love to be.
[email protected]

thanks.

Keka
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Matt, I'm confused. It seems I can buy an hour for $750, but, if I read it right that is only for one person. So I can't buy an hour of tunnel time for a group?

"A flight coupon is for an individual, but you may purchase multiple flight coupon s by selecting 'buy another flight coupon ' from the shopping basket."

Edit to add -- never mind, I'm an idiot. I have now read the following morsel... "*The $750 per Hour Flight Coupon is redeemable for one hour of tunnel time at Paraclete XP SkyVenture only. Time must be flown in a single one-hour session, or two 30-minute sessions, subject to scheduling and availability. Maximum 18 flyers per session, experienced flyers only. Startup/shutdown will reduce actual flight time slightly. Flight during peak hours of Sat-Sun & Holidays 10am-10pm or Mon-Fri 11am-10pm is available for additional $150. Redeemable for one hour of tunnel time within one year after opening date, after which balance may be applied towards prices in effect at that time."

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

check the times you CAN fly....the Silicon Valley tunnel has a pre-opening deal but you can only fly during the week and before 5pm, I think, maybe 6pm. one problem is they don't open until noon so that also restricts your time.

It is still a great deal but check when you can use the time to make sure you and your team/friends can make it

The Paraclete tunnel plans on being open as much as the market can support, possibly 24-7, depending on demand. Also, the people providing the information here (Kirk, Matt) are DIRECTLY involved with the development and eventual management of the Paraclete tunnel. If they post it, you can bank on it.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

So I'm reading up on this whole tunnel thing... Unfortunately the website for this tunnel doesn't seem very complete. For who knows how many million were spent on construction the website seems to come in a little short...

So it's somewhere around a grand to get into the tunnel? Am I reading that right?

-Michael

So it's somewhere around a grand to get into the tunnel? Am I reading that right?

Not necessarily. It is around a grand to purchase an hour, but you could split that time up (the equivalent of ~60 skydives) with a group of people depending on how much time you would like in there. You could spend as little or as much as you want to actually "get into" it.

So I'm reading up on this whole tunnel thing... Unfortunately the website for this tunnel doesn't seem very complete. For who knows how many million were spent on construction the website seems to come in a little short...

-Michael

We are "1 month plus" (I'm guessing) from opening. More information will be put up as we have it - which means the information on our site will start growing a lot here soon.

I don't know where you pulled that figure from but we currently have a 1 hour block for advanced skydivers for $750. Pricing information will be released soon. I hope that helps.

Matt

I skimmed the thread and thought I read that the intro price was $750 with the regular pricing somewhere above that. I've never seen a tunnel but let's say it holds 5 people is that $5k per hour or is the 1h price to rent the entire thing? At a grand a pop I think my hopes of trying one out would be dashed. I'm just trying to figure out how it works as there isn't anything like that published on the site. Unless you're doing tandem you don't exactly show up and jump out of a plane 10 min later - same deal with a tunnel?

-Michael