kirkverner

ParacleteXP SkyVenture Update 2

3 weeks?!
nice!!!
let's plan to meet in WP for some 4-way jumps.

my BF lives 10 minutes from the new tunnel... so that makes me drive to NC at least twice a month :)

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Well, since the links on the website do not seem to be working, I thought I would ask this here. Is there any word yet on advance pricing for buying block time before it opens? Anyone want to accidentally leak any info? $500/ hr would be nice:):)

Ive sent a few emails on this subject and no reply, maybe they are so busy building it they dont have time to check their email.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

You didn't send an email here. To answer your question it is going to be 1100 USD an hour. We are running a special right now to buy Flexi Pass hours for 750 USD. Hope to see you here.

Where can we find details about the Flexi Pass? I didn't see that info online but maybe just missed it. You have out-priced me with your $1,100/hour price, especially considering that air fare, hotel and car rental are also involved if I want to fly in your tunnel. I'm sure it's much less shock to the system for those who do RW and have more people to share the cost, but over $18/minute is steep when I can fly right here for much less. Maybe the Flexi Pass is the answer!
TPM Sister #102

So electricity and instructors is all they have to pay for? Feel free to build and staff your own for $600 an hour. Do you think Orlando is a fair price? If so, how does the "fair price" scale with tunnel size? If a tunnel has twice the diameter should the price be twice as much? or perhaps 4 times? (Not implying they are twice the diameter of Orlando, but the numbers in the argument are nicer...)

I don't work for any tunnel anywhere, and have no financial interest in any tunnel, in any way. I'm just a plain vanilla patron.

-- Jeff
My Skydiving History

This just gets into the old discussion about pricing and what we pay in the States vs. what others pay in the rest of the world. It's an old debate and in the end, all that matters is whether the customer base can and will support it. Since it's going to be the only option we have for a tunnel that size, they have some room in pricing because the only competition is limited to smaller tunnels. I'm just disappointed. I was expecting it to be more than my tunnel here, but it's well beyond Eloy as well. Like I said, maybe I'm a good target market for the Flexi Pass.
TPM Sister #102

all that matters is whether the customer base can and will support it.

here's the real truth in the thread - as it should be

Once they open, they'll find out if that's a reasonable price point. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't.

Either way, I hope it's a success.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Oh it's ok. I didn't realize there is a Team Room with free drinks and hookers.

That's where the $1100 comes from.

I guess they must have taken out a loan for $6 million and decided to pay it in a year. My bet is the owner has God like negotiating skills and that is what the military is paying. If so I'm IMPRESSED.

Maybe that's what it is.

Simple mathematics. What you need to look at is cubic feet of usable space. Price based on that gives you a better idea of where we're coming from. You can fly several more individuals at one time, do 8-way team training, do every block in the 4-way pool, run camps while sharing the space with 2 students at a time. Check out Bedfords pricing, 1600USD per hour. Skydiving and Tunnel flying are expensive sports, its a matter of what's important for each individual.

ParacleteXP

Skydiving and Tunnel flying are expensive sports, its a matter of what's important for each individual.

exactly.

like someone said already...we're talking about Millions here... and not few bucks to build this tunnel.

Kirk, next time I'm around I would like to get more ifnormation about the discounts; I would love to get some more training there with you.

I'm glad that my team got 1 hr training! that helps too! YAY :)
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

Check out Bedfords pricing, 1600USD per hour.

Ouch - actually it's 1,225USD per hour, before any discounts. Bulk rates are 1,050USD per hour.

Do you have any indication of your bulk rates or structure yet? And more to the point, how's the opening date looking? ;)

Go easy on Kirk. He's a nice guy and I too wish him a lot of success with the tunnel. I just need to decide to take up RW and make eight other friends with whom I can share that cost! ;)

I'll share the tunnel with you ;)
Scars remind us that the past is real