jee

tunnel in san antonio would you come?

Why do you say the city couldn't support one, is this based on the number of skydivers in the area, possible military contracts, or non-skydiver business.

A little more background on your stance would be helpful. As for traveling there.....no need I have a tunnel 20 min from my house.
Fly it like you stole it!

i don't know if the city would support a tunnel or not. that is why i am asking. my opinion though is based on the fact that the travel market in san antonio is very seasonal. i have studied and invested in the hotel industry there so i am very familiar with the trends. although s.a. is the most visited city in texas it is not steady. the trend shows the months of march and july are saturated. june and august are semi saturated. the rest of the year is slow with some months being dead aside from scheduled conventions and the like. i'm sure there are a ton of skydivers that would come but that would not keep the business going. i believe most tunnels have a 3:1 tourist to skydiver ratio (with the exception of eloy and maybe perris) and i think you would really need this to keep it going. in comparison orlando has a steady tourism base, although it too is somewhat seasonal.
the apparent plan is to have a tunnel somewhere near sea world of texas. have you ever been out that way in the "off" months? it is a ghost town and there is nothing around for many miles.
i am playing devils advocate here because i have been asked to invest in such an adventure in case you are wondering.

jee

IF there was one there would you come?

No, but I might breathe hard...

Seriously? Probably. I'm in Tulsa and I think the closest tunnel to me is currently SVCO. San Antonio would be maybe a little closer, but it would also be more likely that I could drive to San Antonio in the winter.

On the other hand, it sounds somewhat wrong to propose building a tunnel in Texas and not putting it in either D/FW or Houston. I know you probably want "tourist density" instead of "population density", but I'd think you'd get _some_ local business.

There was something of a "where to put a tunnel" thread last summer.

Eule

(edit: speeling)
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

I would certainly go. My girlfriend is in school in SA so I am there quite often. Honestly though, I would think Houston to be a better bet. It's a bigger city, with more money, a bunch of tourism, and I would imagine a big local skydiving community.
Less talking, more flying.