davelee

Canadian Wind tunnels? Anything new?

April '08 has come and gone. Any word on if construction of this tunnel has began?

From what I have heard during the Canadian tunnel camp trip to SVNH two weekends ago, the groundbreaking wouldn't be April yet. I think I heard May as the whisper word, but don't vouch me.

April '08 has come and gone. Any word on if construction of this tunnel has began?

last time i talked to one of the guys who is in charge of the tunnel ground was being broken this month and another thing i heard is that construction has already started.

last time i talked to one of the guys who is in charge of the tunnel ground was being broken this month and another thing i heard is that construction has already started.

Well that would be good news, if the May groundbreaking is what I heard.

I will email my contacts to confirm. (I even got offered to invest in the tunnel once.)

I was just told the other day that groundbreaking was close to on schedule for the end of may and they'd be open for flying by christmas!!!!! I can't think of a better present!

Historically, Skyventure's open a few months later from the date forecast at groundbreak time. I observe that based on an official May groundbreaking, let me forecast: Late May 2009.

Don't vouch me -- I do hope it is open for Christmas!

I slacked off and never made it to the site... BUT: there are pics! The point I consider as the real moment when things are actually starting to happen (and not just internet rumours) has arrived: they have broken ground.:)http://forum.nouvelair.ca/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=472

While the pics could be any place, the OP on that thread is a good friend who I trust.

Remster

I slacked off and never made it to the site... BUT: there are pics! The point I consider as the real moment when things are actually starting to happen (and not just internet rumours) has arrived: they have broken ground.:)http://forum.nouvelair.ca/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=472

While the pics could be any place, the OP on that thread is a good friend who I trust.

Wow, pictures of Skyventure Montreal groundbreaking. Finally!

That merits a new thread, or maybe we should ask mods to rename this thread to "Skyventure Montreal Groundbreaking"