scabbage

uk freefly camps

im taking a guess your in the uk as you want to do ff1, i did a bit of tunnel time mixed in with my aff course a few months back, and now i have my FS1 im thinking the exact same thing, tunnel time then hit the freefly in the sky for real. Ive been looking at these freefly schools at both bedford and airkix, will be that way for theagm so thinking some time then

http://www.avalorefreefly.com/wind_tunnel_coaching.php

http://www.monstertunnel.co.uk/

I hear the Avalore tunnel camps are shaping up real nicely. They are running what's known as 'hybrid' camps so you pay a set fee and they'll coach you in the tunnel and in the sky - so your freefall skills are sure to improve. Seems to make sense to economise by training in the tunnel with good coaches, then translate those skills to the sky with the very same coaches!

Worth a look for sure!

Rob Silver (Monstertunnel) is out of the Country for 4 months,

If you want to work towards your FF1 the tunnel will help you for sure,
I offer coaching at Bodyflight, [email protected]

Fabian Raidel is also in the Country alot, very good coach [email protected] and BaByLoN are also offering a number of camps www.babylon-freefly.com
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Sponored by NZ Aerosports, CYPRES 2, Tonfly & L&B

Team Dirty Sanchez #232

I strongly advice you to do some time in bedford with Fabian.

Yeah, I'll third that. Fabian has both the in air coaching experience and the tunnel coaching and competitive experience. He knows how to teach and is a lot of fun to be around.

Paul might own the business but Fabian owns that tunnel. B|

I would doubt any tunnel would allow someone who conducts unsafe practice to coach at their facility... so really the only real consideration you have is how good a coach you want...

Reputation / word of mouth is always a good guage

There are a few less qualified coaches out there that will look to improve their skills as they go along - but ultimately to a certain extent that trades off against the fact they will probably not charge too much either!

We have world class coaches perfoming camps regularly if you want the certainty of experience

:)

Bodyflight Bedford
www.bodyflight.co.uk

but ultimately to a certain extent that trades off against the fact they will probably not charge too much either!

But given that the coach fee is always small in comparison to the tunnel time, IMHO you are better off going with an experienced coach. You'll pay a little more but you'll learn faster (and safer).

I won't pay a tunnel coach because of their skydiving skills so they can get some free tunnel time (and a little cut by using their cheaper block rate), I pay for a coach because they have proven experience in teaching people to fly better in the tunnel.

I won't pay a tunnel coach because of their skydiving skills so they can get some free tunnel time (and a little cut by using their cheaper block rate), I pay for a coach because they have proven experience in teaching people to fly better in the tunnel.

Spot on! Too many people good at marketing themselves and getting good on other people's ££'s.

I appreciate sometimes its a question of accessibility and availability to the good coaches. A lesser coach will be able to pass on certain skills and be more accessible and therefore beneficial to a paying customer.
Also, everyone has had to learn to get to a certain level. However some people advertising "camps" have very limited experience and are using the student to gain tunnel time and improve their own skills before actually paying some of their own cash to invest in themselves and acquire the required skills.

The toughest situation is finding out the coaches levels in the first place. Word of mouth helps, but seeing people fly and how they coach is the best way.
I remember being recommended Fabian and then him recommending me Joao (when he was unavailable) a few years ago.... initially I thought it was just someone recommending a friend from the local DZ. (how wrong I was!) As it turns out they were super good and are two of the best tunnel flyers out there. As it turns out they were both very good at coaching too….

How a coach interacts with the student is also important. Some people are fantastic at breaking skills down and communicating them to the student. That said, I believe you have to know how to fly in the first place before being able to form an opinion why to fly certain ways….. and therefore how to teach…..

Bedford and Airkix have some good tunnel coaches aswell as visiting external people. There are also good freefly teams visiting the tunnels which have started to fly in the tunnel. Some, not all, will definitely be able to provide excellent tuition.