schnizzle

What? Playing "AIR" Guitar in a wind tunnel???

On a recent visit to Airkix MK, I was chatting to some of the instructors and they were telling me about some of the crazy flying they've been doing recently. From what they were saying, if it's safe enough, they'll fly just about anyone and anything.

They were extreme ironing last week, and now they're playing "Air Guitar". I got hold of this one on bodyflight.net. Pretty cool eh?

www.bodyflight.net

Incidentally, aside from flying peculiar objects in their tunnel, the instructors there deserve a big pat on the back for the way they looked after our group. There was a mix of skydivers and whuffos (including kids) in our session and we were so well looked after. Everyone in the group was buzzing when it all ended! If you haven't been, you should defo make the effort! Thanks Guys!

can the tunnel owners really be happy about this stuff going on? i can't imagine they will be very happy if someone accidentally lets go and gets an ironing board sucked through the turbines... it pictures are cool, but.... am i overestimating the (very expensive) equipment risk involved?

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

not to be a stickler but, air guitar is playing without a guitar

are you sying that i have nothing to worry about because there is no guiar, or replying to the thread at large and noting that it's not "air " guitar because there IS a guitar?

if you meant to reply to me and my comment.. please not that there IS a guitar, no matter what it's called, that i can't imagine the turbines would appreciate.

Landing without injury is not necessarily evidence that you didn't fuck up... it just means you got away with it this time

Turbines, what turbines - that would be far more interesting than the standard electric motors these guys are using. Hang on, why don't we just go straight into jet propulsion for tunnels?!

BTW, from what I heard it was one of those 'tunnel owners' who not only dreamt up the idea of ironing boards and guitars, but he then went and took the piccies as well. These guys are so irresponsible. As you suggest, if that can get a guitar or ironing board through those tiny spaces into the motors, they could ruin the fun for all of us.

Come on guys, keep it sensible, avoid all potential opportunity of doing something different for a laugh and grow up.

And to all us jumpers, just stay on the ground, we could damage ourseves up there.

Happy Christmas B|;):)