Lawndarter

Anyone Know Where to Find Water Training in California in February?

I'm going to be in Southern California from February 10-15 and I'd like to get water training for my B out of the way while I'm there, but it looks like Perris does it first Sunday of the month (unless they have a few people interested) and nowhere else I can find on the Googles schedules it. Would anyone happen to have any idea if it would be possible to find some - or failing that, want to go to Perris to do it with me, though I don't know what they consider enough people to run it...

councilman24

Don't you have indoor pools in Canada?:P

No. We cut a hole in the ice at the nearest lake when we want to go swimming. And that's in the summer! ;)

lawndarter: My wife and I will be at Perris Feb 11-15. Not looking for water training, but always happy to meet a fellow countryman, and we would be more than happy to jump with you.
"It's amazing what you can learn while you're not talking." - Skydivesg

councilman24

Don't you have indoor pools in Canada?:P

Finding the water isn't the problem - it's the person who can give me an old rig for the purpose, tell me what to do, and throw my into it.

It does, however, sound like Skydive Monterey Bay (which I am visiting on the way home) may be able to hook me up.

BrianM

***Don't you have indoor pools in Canada?:P

No. We cut a hole in the ice at the nearest lake when we want to go swimming. And that's in the summer! ;)

lawndarter: My wife and I will be at Perris Feb 11-15. Not looking for water training, but always happy to meet a fellow countryman, and we would be more than happy to jump with you.

Awesome! I will be at Elsinore on the weekend doing Flight 101 and 102, my folks are snowbirds in Arizona and they plan to come up on the Monday (the 13th), I was thinking of going across to Perris on the 14th since Elsinore is (sort of) closed on Tuesdays and I haven't been to Perris yet. I'm then heading north to Monterey to visit friends (and jump) before I head home.

Tuesday in Perris it'd be great to meet some Canucks for sure!

Lawndarter

***Don't you have indoor pools in Canada?:P

Finding the water isn't the problem - it's the person who can give me an old rig for the purpose, tell me what to do, and throw my into it.

It does, however, sound like Skydive Monterey Bay (which I am visiting on the way home) may be able to hook me up.

Unless they are completing your B license there wait till after. B only there. They don't seem like a place that's would do you training but idk. Not even fun jump friendly most of the time.

wildernessmedic

******Don't you have indoor pools in Canada?:P

Unless they are completing your B license there wait till after. B only there. They don't seem like a place that's would do you training but idk. Not even fun jump friendly most of the time.

Are you thinking Oceanside? I know they're B only. SMB isn't B only, I emailed to ask them about jumping there, and with a A no problem. I'm finishing everything for a B except I'm missing water training before I get there.

Lawndarter

*********Don't you have indoor pools in Canada?:P

Are you thinking Oceanside? I know they're B only. SMB isn't B only, I emailed to ask them about jumping there, and with a A no problem. I'm finishing everything for a B except I'm missing water training before I get there.

Weird when I jumped there last year they said they required a B so I went to Eloy and finished it. Beautiful place to jump. If you ever get up with all the tandems pushing you back ...

Perris has the equipment (including a pool) and you can probably arrange something with the school. All you need is a pool, instructor (such as an AFF-I, not sure if coach counts), and a rig. And Perris has them.

A few years ago they did it for a group of us in January. Be warned, that pool is really, really cold this time of year. However, if maple syrup runs in your veins, however, you may find it balmy.

shadeland

Perris has the equipment (including a pool) and you can probably arrange something with the school. All you need is a pool, instructor (such as an AFF-I, not sure if coach counts), and a rig. And Perris has them.

A few years ago they did it for a group of us in January. Be warned, that pool is really, really cold this time of year. However, if maple syrup runs in your veins, however, you may find it balmy.

Can confirm that that pool is really, really cold. And people looked at me like I was a lunatic.

But it's done, and I got a couple of great jumps in at Perris, and got my 67 year old mom to do a tandem too. Iced the cake with a balloon jump the next morning.