fireemt97

Las Vegas Tunnel

I'm going to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks with the wife on a business trip. All business for her and all play for me. I have no tunnel time but was thinking of doing it while I was there since it is close. I was looking at the web site and noticed that everybody had extremely baggy suits on. I guess this is because the tunnel does not produce the amount of wind that the newer tunnels do. Is my guess right and if so, would this still be a good tool to increase my skill in the air? Any input would be great.
SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP

Search the wind tunnel forum for the info you want. There are tons of posts out there on it with lots of great info. ;)

You'll have a blast. The people are first class, instructors are amazing flyers and coaches, and the owner is top notch. :)
Tunnel Pink Mafia Delegate
www.TunnelPinkMafia.com

I spent a little time there this summer. The LV tunnel ("Flyaway Las Vegas") was my first and I had a blast. I hear it's different from the more modern tunnels but I thought it was really worth it! It seems like if you can get good at body flight in the LV tunnel, you'll be much much better jumping from a plane.

Also, a bunch of the staff and instructors from Flyaway Las Vegas jump at Skydive Mesquite. It's worth renting a car in LV (only about $25 because LV car rentals are cheap) and driving through the desert to Mesquite. Mesquite is the 1st oasis outside LV and driving through the desert is a trip! They jump a Cessna in the summer and bigger planes in the winter. The people there are lots of fun and Brad, the DZO, is cool.

-K

"Moderation in everything - even in moderation!"

when are you coming in?
On Oct 20th we get our caravan back. It's also a boogie weekend.
SD Mesquite is DEFINITELY worth the trip.

EDIT:
The cast at Flyaway (I call them a cast because they are a bunch of characters) are great.
They're all fun people who will talk with you as long as they have the time. I go to the tunnel on occasion just to hang out.
I recently went there and they were all surprised that I turned down some free air time.(Barter system is cool) LOL

I was tired and just wanted to hang out a little bit.
FALV is definitely worth the experience.
My photos

My Videos

Unfortunately, I will arrive on the 8th(Sun) leave on the 11th(Wed). I have a question maybe you can answer jtval. I looked at Mesquites web site and it said that anything other then a weekend you had to call for an appointment or something to that effect. Does that mean that usually it is not open on the weekdays unless there is a large group coming out? I will not be able to make it out on a weekend, so if that is the case I will not be able to jump.
SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP

at this time he's usually not open during the week on a regular basis.

He does a lot of student jumps though on random days during the week. So call him up and ask. He may have a few slots you can get on, but unfortunatley you may be doing solo's.

The DZO's name is Brad.
My photos

My Videos

Mark,
It turnsout I haveOct 9th off I will be at the DZ on sunday the 8th as well.

If you aregoingtogo to the dzon monday tell Brad I am willing to go and takea spot in the cessna if that will help you fly.;)

I'llsend you a PM
My photos

My Videos

So, I ended up doing the tunnel time in Vegas. I must say it was a great experience and I had lots of fun. The staff was great and Kate was a great coach and took care of me the whole time I was at Flyaway. I would recommend it to any new jumpers that are considering tunnel time. Thanks JT for hooking me up.
SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP